Texas Fishing Forum

New V8 Yamaha

Posted By: Allison1

New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 11:33 AM

New 5.6 V8 weighs in at over 900 pounds. I'm thinking not a bass motor.

Up to 425hp.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/931572-yamaha-new-big-motor-here-425hp.html

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 11:39 AM

More, shaft length 25", 30" and 35".
Direct injection and integrated steering which looks like it was borrowed from the G2.

Its an XTO Offshore.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Allison1
New 5.6 V8 weighs in at over 900 pounds. I'm thinking not a bass motor

I'm thinking you're right!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 12:42 PM

Lol, I could sink my boat at the first launching.

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 01:05 PM

Clearly Yamaha is looking to retain its dominance of the Saltwater CC crowd. This motor should be very popular to those folks.

They could slap a supercharger on their current 250SHO and have 400 hp and still be under 540#

Nizpro Marine has the kit and the guys at Fork are installing them. Yeah, it voids the warranty if you still have it but it just goes to show what can be done to the V6 platform with supercharging.

https://youtu.be/TH2lVu5gI7M
Posted By: the skipper

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 02:33 PM

At 900 that's heavy for any crowd. I bet they lighten the design of the power steering a little and start putting them on the sho. Maybe fly-by-wire throttle stuff like the g2 also. I know I would like to be able to switch between hand and foot on the fly for those long runs
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Clearly Yamaha is looking to retain its dominance of the Saltwater CC crowd. This motor should be very popular to those folks.

They could slap a supercharger on their current 250SHO and have 400 hp and still be under 540#

Nizpro Marine has the kit and the guys at Fork are installing them. Yeah, it voids the warranty if you still have it but it just goes to show what can be done to the V6 platform with supercharging.

OMG
Posted By: TexasTechliprip

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 10:08 PM

Ken-

That thing is sweet, any idea on ballpark pricing?
I couldn't find anything on the website
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/17/18 10:28 PM

I'm curious to $$$$$
The guy said 467 on the dyno, 450 @the prop... I get nervous " sometimes " doing low-to mid 70's. Tack 20+ mph on to that, it could get dangerous in the boat lanes.. Who's buying those things ? I'll stay out of their way.
Ken, I know for a fact you can drive a boat at 100+mph, honestly, I don't know anyone else, Oilfield maybe..

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 12:04 AM

Nizpro is about 11k for the mod installed.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Allison1
Nizpro is about 11k for the mod installed.

On BBC, a dude that has it said $13k.( I’m not arguing with you)

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasTechliprip

Ken-

That thing is sweet, any idea on ballpark pricing?
I couldn't find anything on the website

By the time you are done it is right at $13K. Steve Glenn (former owner of Steve's Propeller) now of Hydro Dynamics, does the turnkey installations for Nizpro.

I have spoken to two boat owners that have taken their boats to Steve and had the SC installed on their Yam SHo's. One is an Allison Bass Sport 21 and the other is a Legend V20. Both guys just raved about the smooth power and increased torque. No overheating issues, no rough idle, no issues at all, just smooth seamless power.

Give him a call if you are interested.

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
I'm curious to $$$$$
The guy said 467 on the dyno, 450 @the prop... I get nervous " sometimes " doing low-to mid 70's. Tack 20+ mph on to that, it could get dangerous in the boat lanes.. Who's buying those things ? I'll stay out of their way.
Ken, I know for a fact you can drive a boat at 100+mph, honestly, I don't know anyone else, Oilfield maybe..

There's a bunch of guys that can drive a vee bottom outboard well over 100 Billy. Most of them have enough sense that they don't do it in a bass boat! LOL
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 04:04 AM

I'm curious to $$$$$

There's a bunch of guys that can drive a vee bottom outboard well over 100 Billy. Most of them have enough sense that they don't do it in a bass boat! LOL
There's a few bass boats... food
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 04:23 PM

Mid 90's! OMG
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 05:52 PM

I'm curious to $$$$$

Which bass boats are you referring to, Allison, Bullet, Stroker, Norris Craft, Gambler? Heck there's even a few Tritons that have done it, maybe its them....
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: New V8 Yamaha - 05/18/18 06:42 PM

I'm curious to $$$$$

Steve (steve's custom props) has a stroker that will run 100 with tournament loads its pretty sweet!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum