Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport???

Posted By: 361V

Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/14/18 11:44 AM

Thinking about going to Hubbard Creek tomorrow, Tuesday for the entire day. Pretty good haul from Glen Rose for a day trip but picking up a friend in Weatherford on the way. It's going to be Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport anyway. Anyone willing to share some very recent tips: what and where and the best launching area for someone coming in from the east on 180. Put in @ 180 bridge or ramp by the dam? Any help shortening the learning curve after the drive is appreciated! TY, 361V.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/14/18 12:03 PM

Never been on Hubbard Creek but have been on Bridgeport. Love Bridgeport for the many ways you can fish it. My favorite is Launching at Wise County Park and heading straight to the river. Eliminates any wind problems and 4-5 techniques will work. I love flipping the bushes but you can also spinner bait, crankbait, swimbait or fish the docks. Drop shot will work too in the deeper water around points or boat docks and during the week you may only see 2-3 boats. Good luck.
Posted By: 09wingates

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/14/18 01:03 PM

The best ramp at Hubbard Creek in my opinion is the 180 bridge. Easy access, wide three lane, nice floating dock and tons of parking. Get there early though, the close spots fill up fast.
Posted By: aggieangler03

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/14/18 01:06 PM

Hubbard creek and launch at the 180 bridge. The ramp is on the west end of the bridge. You can catch fish anywhere on the lake.
Posted By: skeeter75

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/14/18 01:35 PM

Hubbard is fishing very good. Fish the outside salt cedars on wind blown points with rock. Was very productive this weekend.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/15/18 01:14 AM

Hubbard Creek wins. Making drive early in am. Anyone else have tips for how? Thanks all!
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/15/18 01:47 AM

I went old school on them last weekend and opened a fresh 100 count bag of red Shad power worms I had in the boat. I caught fish on the first 3 casts and knew I made the right move. Put everything else down for the rest of the day. Caught them all in bushes on and near points. The bushes around the islands also held fish.

The weekend prior I was dragging a 1/4oz Carolina rig baby brush hog thru them and catching fish.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/15/18 01:54 AM

The 2 coves to the right down past the ramp was good few years ago lol spiner baits and crankbaits
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/15/18 12:19 PM

In the 70's, Hubbard Creek was probably one of the most productive lakes in the state. HC produced more 3-5 lb bass then anywhere I can think of. Keep in mind, there were no Florida Bass at the time.
All it needed was water and cover. It got both a few years ago and has come back strong. From the upper creek area, Sandy, and Hubbard, all the way to the Dam, it will produce.
I think I will book a motel and go back out there. I miss that old lake.
I'll have to find some Creme Scoundrels, Arbogasters, Herb's Dillys, spinner baits etc...

Good Luck.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/16/18 02:54 AM

Bridgeport was VERY, VERY, VERY good today. One of those days you don't want to end. Caught them from the time I launched till I put it on the trailer. Lots of numbers and decent size too. Had close to 25lbs on my best 5. Fun day.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/16/18 03:38 AM

Mark, I need to go with you to BP sometime. I tried to go today but the Ops Manager showed up on site unannounced. So we had 3 hours of unannounced meetings.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/23/18 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Bridgeport was VERY, VERY, VERY good today. One of those days you don't want to end. Caught them from the time I launched till I put it on the trailer. Lots of numbers and decent size too. Had close to 25lbs on my best 5. Fun day.

What were you fishing with?

Thanks!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/23/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Thanks!

Topwaters, swimbaits and Texas rig craws.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Hubbard Creek or Bridgeport??? - 05/23/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Thanks!

Topwaters, swimbaits and Texas rig craws.

Thank you!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum