Texas Fishing Forum

Large Mouth Bass Local Pond

Posted By: MrDang

Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 04:02 AM

Im in the north dallas 75228. Any local pond around here that I don't know of that has large mouth? I catch and release laugh
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 04:25 AM

Google earth and go find one people don’t know about. Those are the ponds you wanna be fishing
Posted By: MrDang

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 07:01 PM

thanks... lol most of the one ive seen are on golf course.
Posted By: redraider4life

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 07:18 PM

Golf courses are closed sometimes...just saying!
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: redraider4life
Golf courses are closed sometimes...just saying!

Every night!
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 07:43 PM

Speaking of golf courses... how successful/unsuccessful have you been asking them to let you fish there? Seems they wouldn't care but who knows nowadays.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
Speaking of golf courses... how successful/unsuccessful have you been asking them to let you fish there? Seems they wouldn't care but who knows nowadays.

it's rare that they will just let anybody fish. Most of them you have to be a member. My motto with gold course ponds is that it's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Hope that doesn't get somebody thrown in jail haha
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Large Mouth Bass Local Pond - 05/09/18 08:21 PM

Member or not, most golf courses won't let you fish while play is underway. That means nighttime or the day it's closed is about the only time. Liability prevents them from letting you on their course and, even then, if you're caught trespassing that's fishing without landowner consent. Could upgrade the charge from simple trespassing to poaching.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum