Texas Fishing Forum

Tatula reels

Posted By: wyatt c

Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:35 AM

I'm looking at getting a couple more reels and I've decided on the tatulas. Is it worth spending the extra money for the sv spool? I have an sv 103 and can't really tell a difference with the sv spool in it. What's it even supposed to do?
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:47 AM

Are you a Daiwa fan and user?

I bought the Tatula SV TW 103XS for the T-wing and ease for skipping, but this thing doesnt free spool like my Curado's do and I dont know if thats a Daiwa thing or if I need to take it apart and clean out some of the grease.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:53 AM

I like the smaller spool because I always use backing on my bigger spools. With the tatula sv I load it up with out backing and go.

You can still get 100 yards of 15lb Fluoro on the sv.

It’s the best tatula they’ve made to date. I like it as much as my zillions.

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:54 AM

I like daiwa, I use the 103 quite often, I for some reason normally cast and skip better with my lews though. I like the quality of daiwa more though. Maybe it's because I've used predominately lews for the past five years, I'm not sure. Just getting the itch to switch over to something else though. And shimano is going to hell imo

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: crankn101

I bought the Tatula SV TW 103XS for the T-wing and ease for skipping, but this thing doesnt free spool like my Curado's do and I dont know if thats a Daiwa thing or if I need to take it apart and clean out some of the grease.

I can cast a mile with my 200 hd’s But they do not free spool very well. I’ve never had a problem with the 100 or 50’s free spooling.

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 04:01 AM

I own a ton of daiwa reels and I guess I’ve been lucky because I’ve never had to have one worked on other than replacing handles that were stepped on. My shimanos stayed in the shop. From pawls to bearings, it was always something.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 12:30 PM

I have made the switch from shimano to diawa , not looking back .

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 02:26 PM

Guess I'm more or less asking if the tatula sv is worth the extra money over the tatula ct
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 02:36 PM

I have 6 Tatulas and just ordered 2 more. I haven't tried the SV yet.

Ordered from here:
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=897215
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 02:57 PM

I like the SV over the CT and Type R, but it is not a huge difference to me. If you order from the Tackle Trap (link above) and the $50 is a question to you then I would probably go with the CT. I have a handful of SV Zillions and Tatulas and I still use my Type R every trip out and cant tell the difference. All this should be prefaced with the fact that I love Shimano and have no idea what the complaints on this thread are about when it comes to Shimano, I own more Core's and Metanium's than any other reel so take what I have to say with a grain of salt I guess.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 02:59 PM

Yes it's worth the extra money. I get mine off eBay. They're cheaper there.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:00 PM

The sv is for smaller or lighter baits, it suppose to help prevent professional over cast.
Posted By: BassMan5000

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:02 PM

I have a couple of Tatula CT's and I love them. Cast a mile and smooth reel in.
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:02 PM

Can cast smaller baits well with mine and it skips well but so does my type R. The draw back is line capacity but not enough that it matters IMHO.
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:03 PM

I think the SV spool helps for skipping and such. I hate to say it, because the Tatula is a great reel, but I find it easier to skip with the zillion sv than the Tatula sv.

If your'e not skipping, get the Tatula CT (if you want to save little; it's under $100) or the regular Tatula. I have the regular and Type-R so both perform great.

I buy all my Daiwa Reels from one of these two eBay sellers. Be sure to check their prices frequently because they run specials.

alpha2omega

triacetackle

(Triace Tackle has select JDM products too.)
Posted By: ditchpickel21

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:07 PM

sv is with it
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 03:59 PM

Yep, Alpha2omega has great deals. Have bought a bunch of Tatulas from them.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: wyatt c
Guess I'm more or less asking if the tatula sv is worth the extra money over the tatula ct

I have several of both. You can set up the SV and make a long cast without thumbing the spool and it won't backlash. I haven't tried that with the CT yet. I got the CT's on ebay for $88 shipped and the SV was around $130. There is so little difference between the two I would go with the CT. I like them for long distance casting and not so much for pitching. For pitching I use either a Lews Super Duty or a BB1 Pro. The overall size of the Lews is a little smaller than the Daiwa Tatula and I seem to pitch better with it.
For anything you are going to make a long distance cast with that Daiwa CT and the SV are awesome. The CT is a fantastic reel for the price.

Now if you ever step up to the Steez.......my favorite reel of all by far of any brand.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BoomBoom
Yep, Alpha2omega has great deals. Have bought a bunch of Tatulas from them.

I got all of my Tatula's from them, the CT's my SV's and my type R. Great prices and they ship very quickly.

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 05:13 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the input! I'm either gonna use the reel for crankbaits or pitching haven't decided yet. As of right now I'm mainly pitching with an sv103, my other flipping and pitching rods have a curado and bb1 pro on them, which I feel like they have the bigger profiles than most lews which I not mind for pitching but don't particularly care for the size when I'm doing more casting and winding though. I'm probably gonna order the reel from tackle trap because of the shirt and the cts are 100 and the svs are 150. I'll more than likely go with a Ct now.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Tatula reels - 05/09/18 11:10 PM

Goodness , thanks for the e-bay info .
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Tatula reels - 05/10/18 12:10 AM

I want to set this straight. Im an idiot...

So the reel felt kinda like when you accidentally skip a guide and everything just seems bogged down. Well, I had the line ran under the chrome bar that holds the two sides together causing all my problems. Im sure ill like the reel just fine now.

Re: Tatula reels - 05/10/18 02:50 AM

So the reel felt kinda like when you accidentally skip a guide and everything just seems bogged down. Well, I had the line ran under the chrome bar that holds the two sides together causing all my problems. Im sure ill like the reel just fine now.

roflmao

I did the same thing the other day. Rigged late and was trying to skip a wacky rig before sun-up. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. roflmao Ibcould put it where I wanted it the day before and I was all over the place the next morning.
Posted By: DaveTV

Re: Tatula reels - 05/10/18 02:58 AM

My experience with the sv has been good, I have 5 and like them a lot.
Posted By: cwil

Re: Tatula reels - 05/10/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Goodness , thanks for the e-bay info .

I bought two ct’s 7.3:1 week before last for $75 each shipped on eBay, same seller as listed above I believe. You gotta watch the prices, they will go up and down almost daily on there. They are so smooth, and for that price I couldn’t resist.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Tatula reels - 05/10/18 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Beast From The East

roflmao

I did the same thing the other day. Rigged late and was trying to skip a wacky rig before sun-up. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. roflmao Ibcould put it where I wanted it the day before and I was all over the place the next morning.

Done that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum