Texas Fishing Forum

We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman

Posted By: buda13

We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:13 PM

Found out this morning, still in shock.... Steve was one of the most stand up all around great guys I've met in the fishing world. Anytime I was camera boat with Janel Mae we would always find Steve and Tony, no matter what lake or what conditions they were like a magnet for the camera. I always enjoyed talking with Steve and trying to get him to come off that secret jig that he whooped so many of our rears with over the years. The world is a little less bright today, please say a prayer for his wife and 2 kids as they deal with this tragic loss. RIP my friend.

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:17 PM

RIP that is terrible news

He looks very young, was there an accident??
Posted By: APT

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:18 PM

I was so sad to hear the news of Steve's passing. RIP my friend. Prayers for your family.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:20 PM

Very sad news. One of the good guys for sure. Prayers to family and friends.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:22 PM

Prayers up for his family, Matt he looks real young. Tragic loss at such a young age...
Posted By: Brent S

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:22 PM

Horrible news. RiP
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:27 PM

I am simply stunned and at a loss for words! Steve always had that smile on his face when he saw you and that will be how I will remember Steve! Our community lost a very good man and he will be missed, but never forgotten.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:42 PM

Prayers for the family and friends.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 04:54 PM

I will miss him greatly!
I even got him to tell me about that secret jig he loved so much at the Media Solo Championship on Fork in 2015. He passed on some great tips about jig fishing that night but When he told me how he fishes it my jaw dropped.
He ended up beating me with it for the championship title the next day.

I'm even going miss The tournament director confusing Steve and I because we were both Short, really tan and have the same Goatee!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 05:27 PM

Prayers sent to all family and friends. May God be with Steve as he makes the final journey.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 05:36 PM

Man. Hate to hear this. Prayers to his family!
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 05:41 PM

Prayers for his family!!
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 05:44 PM

Prayers for the family and friends. angel
Posted By: GROD

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 06:10 PM

Sounds like heaven got one of the good ones... prayers for all.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 06:24 PM

Hated to hear this news this morning

Steve was a great fisherman and friend to many of us

He will be greatly missed
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 06:31 PM

How sad to hear. I pray his family will be fine without him. It is a loss to the fishing community.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 07:27 PM

Another fish that fell victim to the Holtman Super Secret jig..... I know Janel Mae has lots of pics, mabey she will come on here and share some too.
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 07:31 PM

Condolences to the family. Very sad to hear. The fishing community lost a great one. RIP
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 09:03 PM

Man. This sucks. RIP Steve!
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 09:55 PM

Prayers he was a great guy!!!
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 10:01 PM

Hard to believe it's true still in shock. He was a great fishing partner and friend.Learned a lot from Steve.He will be missed for sure. RIP buddy. Prayers sent for his wife Audrey and two kids.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 521Rangerman
Hard to believe it's true still in shock. He was a great fishing partner and friend.Learned a lot from Steve.He will be missed for sure. RIP buddy. Prayers sent for his wife Audrey and two kids.

Thinkin about you too Tony... hang in there bud.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: 521Rangerman

So sorry to hear this Tony.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 11:47 PM

For anyone interested in helping the family of Steve Holtman, Fun N Sun is accepting donations at their tackle counter and TTO will be accepting donations at their tournament on Lewisville this weekend. If you knew Steve you knew that he'd give you the shirt off his back and never expect anything in return. That's the kind of guy he was. Steve's wife and 2 little girls could use some help getting past the expenses they face in the wake of this tragedy. If you can, please do. Thank you.

Matt Lee
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/08/18 11:52 PM

God be with the family through all this and RIP Steve.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 12:04 AM

Crazy. Guy was so young. Such a tragedy. Heart attack?
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 12:10 AM

Hard to believe. Steve was a great guy, proud to have known him.
Prayers for his family.
Posted By: texasmae

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 12:31 AM

One of the nicest of them all. To be a girl shooting pics in a guy's world..he was one of the first to befriend me and tell me what a great job I did. Our fishing family lost a good one for sure and to say he'll be missed is an understatement.

Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 12:43 AM

Is there a GoFundMe account? I didn't know him but I'd certainly donate. Sad deal
Posted By: Chris B

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Is there a GoFundMe account? I didn't know him but I'd certainly donate. Sad deal

I bet you could mail a donation to TTO or Fun n sun.
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 01:04 AM

Best jig guy I know!. Convinced me to tie my own jigs. Actually looked for him at our Media Individual this past Sunday. Sad to hear. Really great guy.

Hang in there Tony. He will be missed. Prayers sent.

Tommie
Posted By: RedRocket87

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 01:32 AM

He was a stand up guy and a hell of a stick. We lost a good one guys, Prayers for his family, and all of the men and women who knew him.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 01:33 AM

I have never met him but am quite certain he and I were fishing the same structure on Eagle MT a year or so ago, he caught several fish in front of me, I started doing what he was doing and it saved our day, he appeared to be a very good fisherman, prayers up for him and his family.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 02:59 PM

Sorry to hear of this. My prayers for his family and friends.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 05:31 PM

So young. Sounds like he was a great guy. My prayers for his family and loved ones.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear the news. Prayers for all family and friends for comfort and piece during this time of loss. Steve was as good of a guy as they come and always respectful of others. He will be missed by a lot folks because he had a lot of close friends.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 05:55 PM

We'll be accepting donations for the Holtman Family at the Lake Worth Workingmans tournaments as well. We go out of the 820 Ramp on Worth (Arrow S Park), donations will be accepted from 5pm-6pm and then 8:50pm - 9:30pm. If you cant get by Fun N Sun or to the TTO event this weekend to donate come on by the ramp at Worth this evening and lets help this family out during their time of need.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 09:44 PM

So no GoFundMe correct? Who has a PayPal I can send to? Someone that can donate it for me.
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 09:49 PM

Jaret I can send you a pay pal invoice, just pm me your email and how much. As far as I Know there is not a go fund me.
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/09/18 09:49 PM

Steve Holtman

Roberts Family Funeral Home
Azleland Cemetery
850 North Cardinal Rd.
Azle, Tx 76020
Visitation Sat 5/12 6 to 8pm
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 01:54 AM

This is sad news indeed. Steve was an all-around great guy who was always willing to talk fishing and lend a hand. This is truly surprising indeed. Prayers to the family and may God's peace rest on everyone affected by this tragic event.
Posted By: Blonde_m0ment

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 02:12 AM

Guys and gals, I made this username just to be able to post here and tell y'all thank you. I worked with Steve, known him and Audra for over ten years. He got my husband and I into fishing and when we got into it we figured out it was our passion and he loved watching us light up at every catch. He was there to answer every question, give every piece of advice, and poke fun at me for refusing to try out a bait caster haha.

I found this post by accident, really, and it was so nice to read all these pages of people touched by this awesome man. He was a huge asset to our company, he loved his work and did it so meticulously well. We all knew how much of an amazing fisherman he was but he never bragged, he just smiled.

Man, we're gonna miss him. I know y'all are gonna miss him too. I do hope to see as many of y'all as possible there at the visitation.

I told his wife's sister about this thread and she asked me to print it out because Audra would love to have it. So I did.

Anyway, like I said, I just made this user name to be able to make this post. To thank each and every one of you for every condolence, donation, prayer, and sympathy offered. Swells my heart and breaks it all at the same time.

RIP Steve. We sure are going to miss seeing you at early morning meetings at the office and picking every dang bone in your brain about anything and everything to do about fishing. See you again one day, friend. Tight lines.

- Robyn Bradshaw

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Darryl Roach
Jaret I can send you a pay pal invoice, just pm me your email and how much. As far as I Know there is not a go fund me.

Pm sent
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Blonde_m0ment
Guys and gals, I made this username just to be able to post here and tell y'all thank you. I worked with Steve, known him and Audra for over ten years. He got my husband and I into fishing and when we got into it we figured out it was our passion and he loved watching us light up at every catch. He was there to answer every question, give every piece of advice, and poke fun at me for refusing to try out a bait caster haha.

I found this post by accident, really, and it was so nice to read all these pages of people touched by this awesome man. He was a huge asset to our company, he loved his work and did it so meticulously well. We all knew how much of an amazing fisherman he was but he never bragged, he just smiled.

Man, we're gonna miss him. I know y'all are gonna miss him too. I do hope to see as many of y'all as possible there at the visitation.

I told his wife's sister about this thread and she asked me to print it out because Audra would love to have it. So I did.

Anyway, like I said, I just made this user name to be able to make this post. To thank each and every one of you for every condolence, donation, prayer, and sympathy offered. Swells my heart and breaks it all at the same time.

RIP Steve. We sure are going to miss seeing you at early morning meetings at the office and picking every dang bone in your brain about anything and everything to do about fishing. See you again one day, friend. Tight lines.

- Robyn Bradshaw

I’m sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 07:04 PM

Such a Tragedy. Great friend to me. Can anyone tell us what happened, please?

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Jumpin J
Such a Tragedy. Great friend to me. Can anyone tell us what happened, please?

Heart Attack.

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/10/18 07:27 PM

A huge attaboy to Vince Repola... he won a little over $400 in the Lake Worth Wed night tournament last night and donated 100% of his winnings to the Holtman family. Thats good stuff right there folks! We'll keep the donation box open at the Wed night tournaments for 2 more weeks, and there is a benefit tournament in the beginning stages as well.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/11/18 03:10 AM

Thank you, buda. I wondered why we hadn't seen him at tournaments, must have felt bad all year.? Wait to here about Benefit Tourney, thanks to all who shall work to organize it.
Posted By: Brandon Dillard

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 05/11/18 03:24 AM

Prayers for his family. Great friend. Great fisherman. He will be missed.
Posted By: bpettus1

Re: We lost a good one from the west side... RIP Steve Holtman - 08/09/18 01:46 AM

Sorry for everyone’s loss including mine I live in Atlanta and me and Steve talked trades gear all the time . I think I’m going through a lot of. My tackle I got from
Him
Over the years and keeping it wow just heart broken
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum