Texas Fishing Forum

P-Line CX or CXX

Posted By: JWRid

P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 02:52 AM

After not using it for a number of years I'm thinking of going back to P Line but not sure which I wish to use. As best as I can remember CXX seemed to be a little more sensitive and less likely to have memory. Also thinking of spooling some of the Folorclear. Thoughts or recommendation about P-Line.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 03:06 AM

Do not use the Flouro-clear...... TURRIBLE
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 03:06 AM

cxx is a lot stiffer. I prefer the CX. They are both strong and I didn't notice a difference in the sensitivity.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
cxx is a lot stiffer. I prefer the CX. They are both strong and I didn't notice a difference in the sensitivity.

Yep and cxx gets memory pretty bad, but it is STRONG! Can’t hardly break the stuff, but it’s also thicker in the same lb test than the cx. I got tired of paying the money for fluoro and went back to Pline, no complaints yet.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 03:41 AM

I use both as leaders Braid mainline. Couldn’t imagine using CXX for mainline with all that memory.

CXX is stiffer and buoyant It’s more abrasion resistant than CX

CX is more supple and more neutrally buoyant

I like CXX for traps, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, Trig, weightless senkos/flukes, crig

Prefer the neutral buoyancy of CX for jerkbaits, shaky head, drop shot
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 10:39 AM

CXX thumb
Posted By: 96speed

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 01:23 PM

For mono I like CXX.
Posted By: saibling

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 05:04 PM

P-lines 100% fluorocarbon and CX not exclusive however I do have two rods with each. The fluorocarbon for tx rigged worms and a fluke. CX for a top water and crank bait.
Posted By: buda13

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 05:06 PM

CX is the better all around line of the two IMO.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 06:13 PM

I've used CX Premium for several years - excellent line. Never tried the CXX. I'm also a big fan of their braid. The TCB (Teflon Coated Braid) is the best braid I've ever used. I believe the newest one is TCB-8 (8 carrier weave).
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 06:55 PM

C21
Posted By: Chris B

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/08/18 08:07 PM

I use CX premium clear fluorescent 90 % of the time for the last twenty years.
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/09/18 02:03 AM

I prefer PF over CX or CXX
Posted By: Brent S

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/09/18 02:13 AM

I use flouroclear for moving baits. Going to try cx next to have something to compare to.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: P-Line CX or CXX - 05/09/18 03:21 AM

I use CX premium, CXX and P-line Halo.
CX premium has low memory, good strength, thin diameter, and casts well. I use it for my lighter baits most of the time.
CXX very strong, more memory than CX premium and thicker per pound test than CX premium. Very good line when you need ultimate strength.
P-Line Halo very strong fluorocarbon line. Stronger than P-Line 100% but it curls more than the 100%.

I like McCoys Mean Green copolymer for moving baits.

Stay away from P-line Voltage. That stuff was terrible.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum