Texas Fishing Forum

Bridgeport fun!

Posted By: Bass Buster1

Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 01:44 PM

Saturday went from lots of rods on the deck to two. White spinner bait and a white Finch Nasty Chatter bait, cover water and have fun. Steeper banks, shady side of deeper docks, and windy points were best. Even took home some huge sand bass to eat, they were crushing that chatter bait. I am guessing I boated 30 plus fish, nothing too big a but a few good ones.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 02:18 PM

I was out there yesterday. Busiest I have ever seen the lake.

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 02:21 PM

I talked to several guys fishing tournaments, one said it was a two day. Lots of pleasure craft out too. I was up the river so not too crowded.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
I talked to several guys fishing tournaments, one said it was a two day. Lots of pleasure craft out too. I was up the river so not too crowded.
And....how was the river? Thanks.

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 03:05 PM

I've wanted to go up river but don't know it well. Are there many hazards?

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 03:48 PM

I think I was up a river, maybe not. When people refer to up river they may mean to the right out of Wise County, and I have not been that way. I went left out of Wise County and went that direction past the Boy Scout camp. I never went to the left there where it opens up down into the main lake. It is wide open and plenty deep as far as I can tell well past Sid Richardson. It narrows quite a bit the way I went and got pretty stained form the rain last week so I assumed I was up a river.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 04:39 PM

I was going to ask how Bridgeport fishes? I’ve never been but I was lookig at my navionics and it just looks like an odd lake with a lot of deep water.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish
I was going to ask how Bridgeport fishes? I’ve never been but I was lookig at my navionics and it just looks like an odd lake with a lot of deep water.

Always a shallow bite there. Fun lake.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 05:32 PM

Saturday went from lots of rods on the deck to two. White spinner bait and a white Finch Nasty Chatter bait, cover water and have fun. Steeper banks, shady side of deeper docks, and windy points were best. Even took home some huge sand bass to eat, they were crushing that chatter bait. I am guessing I boated 30 plus fish, nothing too big a but a few good ones.

Awesome! Glad one of our baits helped you enjoy your day on the water and thank you for sharing so others can enjoy their next trip.

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex Finch

Awesome! Glad one of our baits helped you enjoy your day on the water and thank you for sharing so others can enjoy their next trip.

Yes sir, thank you for the great products!
Posted By: BASS420

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/07/18 08:20 PM

Finch nasty is a fish catching machine. That's literally all it does is catch fish after fish in all kinds of conditions.!
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/08/18 02:47 AM

Just stay away from my hydrilla!!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/08/18 03:13 AM

I need to get up there last time I went this time a year everything was hitting a spinerbait
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/08/18 12:22 PM

Bridgeport is fishing good and will be the next few weeks. Taking off Friday to get ahead of the weekend crowd is the plan as of now. The ramp is a only thirty minutes from the ranch fish peep
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/08/18 08:53 PM

We wrecked them today , we had over 40 fish , best 5 going 21-23 pounds. 28 miles from my house and it's only my second time there.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/09/18 12:08 AM

I think I was up a river, maybe not. When people refer to up river they may mean to the right out of Wise County, and I have not been that way. I went left out of Wise County and went that direction past the Boy Scout camp. I never went to the left there where it opens up down into the main lake. It is wide open and plenty deep as far as I can tell well past Sid Richardson. It narrows quite a bit the way I went and got pretty stained form the rain last week so I assumed I was up a river.

The river is south of wise county park. Come out of wise county park, head towards main lake, pass three fingers and keep going south then it starts there and heads west

There’s one or two large stumps right in the middle of the 2nd and third bend that would be pretty bad. One is almost middle of the bend.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/09/18 12:16 AM

Lake is fishing well. I didnt Put down a jig all day Saturday
https://youtu.be/Y54rn7iRauM
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/09/18 01:37 AM

Also, the ramps are scetchy at best
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 05/09/18 03:58 AM

It was a fun afternoon/evening out there today.
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 07/02/18 02:52 AM

I know this is an old post but does anyone know if you can bank fish or launch a kayak from some of those dirt roads up on the NE side of the lake along the West Fork of the Trinity? Or is all that land privately owned? Some of the roads run right down to the water. I’m not familiar with the area.

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 07/02/18 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman13
I know this is an old post but does anyone know if you can bank fish or launch a kayak from some of those dirt roads up on the NE side of the lake along the West Fork of the Trinity? Or is all that land privately owned? Some of the roads run right down to the water. I’m not familiar with the area.

You can from Jack County side. I do not know all of the road names, but Google Earth can help you with that.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 07/02/18 03:02 PM

Access from wizard wells follow signs to Green Elm cemetery and keep going past ithe cemetery and it will dead end into where you need to access it when you get on the water head directly north and you will see a old abandoned bridge go under it and your in the West fork Trinity from there. Hope this helps
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Bridgeport fun! - 07/03/18 04:01 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum