Texas Fishing Forum

Bad Luck Lake

Posted By: Chuck72

Bad Luck Lake - 05/06/18 11:15 PM

Just wonder if anyone else has a lake that is just Bad Luck for them.

Mine is Alan Henry and to make it worse you have to take out a loan to launch a boat there.. two people is $36.00

This morning we get to the gate and ticket kiosk will not take a card and I have no cash. Drive to Post (20 minutes each way) to get cash, get back in line and the Kiosk suddenly takes a card for the guy in front of me.. Lowrance won't power on this morning, then around 10:45 am it suddenly turns right on. I have fished this lake 3 times total and every time including today for a period of around 2 hours the motor won't start. This happened with two different boats. Left the truck in 4 High and drove about 30 miles before I noticed it..Alan Henry is my Bermuda Triangle.

Plus caught no keepers but saw a couple over 10 pounds circling beds but never committed and refused to eat. Tore up the 8" spots though.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/06/18 11:43 PM

hmmm Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,.....
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/06/18 11:43 PM

Ray Hubbard has been the kiss of death for my boat.

Something breaks every time I go there.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/06/18 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 5Redman8
Ray Hubbard has been the kiss of death for my boat.

Something breaks every time I go there.

Wow, breakdowns on only one lake??? I have several with my name on them! LOL!
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 12:02 AM

Not a lake but our yearly company tournament in Rockport. Absolutely guaranteed to have the worse day catching on tournament day.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 12:04 AM

All lakes are hard for me to catch any fish on, bad luck bob here frown
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 12:25 AM

Ray Roberts and Eagle Mountain for me.
Posted By: Jake Blood

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 01:56 AM

Benbrook in terms of fishing, any lake in terms of boat issues. Then again, I have old boats lol
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 03:07 AM

Every time I go to fork with my boat some bad always seems to happen.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 04:55 AM

Chuck, if you want to go fish Alan Henry, I can help. I video taped the lake in 1997 at 25' deep and I knot it pretty well. Caught the lake record smallie in 97 and if certified, would still be the record at 3-12. Oh well, such is life. PM me if you want to know more. I KNOW the lake pretty well and during the working man's T's last year I caught a 6.40 out of shallow water. Let me know if you want to find out more about the lake and I would be glad to help. By the way, I LIVE in Lubbock and it doesn't cost me NEARLY that much, so I can get us in a whole lot cheaper. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 10:46 AM

Ray Roberts for me. I have had a couple of minor issues like cranking battery died one day so caused me to rotate a TM battery every time I moved...but all that did was to help distract from the pain of not catching anything over 4lb, ever, on that lake.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 01:16 PM

My problem this year is every lake , I find a break down in the progress while boat is on trailer , miss the Tournament because of the repair time .
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 01:31 PM

Ray Roberts for me.
Posted By: 20lberorbust

Re: Bad Luck Lake - 05/07/18 01:35 PM

Lewisville for me, but am SLOWLY making some improvements

From skunked every time, to 1-2 a day...slowly but surely
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum