Texas Fishing Forum

Help with my Legend

Posted By: fivebites

Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 12:01 PM

Just got a new to me '14 Legend Alpha 191. The panel on the console is kind of hazy so that the icons are hard to read. Hit it with a little Armorall and it cleared up a bit, but just for a day or two then got hazy again. Is there any product that will clear this, or just replace it? Part two: I've never had a boat with rod tubes in it. This boat has the tubes in the center of the boat and half of them are too short for rods over 6'6". I use rod sleeves on all my rods. So the question is kill the whole enchilada and take it out or pop out the caps on the tubes to allow full length of rods? I don't think the tubes really help keep everything separated that well. Reels tend to rotate down, etc. Thoughts?
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 01:05 PM

I have a 191 and I don't use the center for my rods I use the passage side storage for my rods

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 06:50 PM

Thanks Dax! Can you put 8' rods on the left side?
Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
I have a 191 and I don't use the center for my rods I use the passage side storage for my rods

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 07:05 PM

Yes you can

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 07:05 PM

Yes you can
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 07:07 PM

I have no idea what your panel looks like, but can you use something like a headlight restoration kit on it?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 07:20 PM

Take out the tubes. They are cool for the showroom, but not for storing fishing poles. You will spend more money fixing guides than the tubes are possibly worth.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/06/18 07:25 PM

Look up car detailers and see what they use to restore trim. There are several things out thre that should work well for you.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/08/18 12:04 PM

There's a guy on here that's makes JJ's magic, good stuff I use on tractors and everything else to make new again.

You can also find it on amazon.

Re: Help with my Legend - 05/08/18 06:49 PM

Thanks guys! FYI, this is a soft rubber cover over the push buttons. Not sure if it would work with trim products or hard hard surface.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum