Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Night Report w/pics

Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 05:36 PM

Well the past few trips would have to be rated as very good to excellent. Numbers have been solid and quality Big Bass sprinkled in on each outing. Water temps have been all over the place 58 - 73 and the water clarity has not been a factor. Swimbaits and Spoons have been very successful and a few on Jigs. Target depth has been less than 12 ft on main lake and 1/2 way back in coves and creeks. The Fish we have been catching seem to be Pre-Spawn along with Spawn Bass with Magnum (2 lbs +) White/Sand Bass mixed in along with the occasional Beautiful Catfish. Truly believe the moon phase with a breeze has been helping us out. Recently Bass Bags (best 5) have been ranging from 26-30 lbs and we have left them biting ugh. Sorry I have no info on when the sun is up, although I have been catching some Bass during the day while scouting for night trips (trails and waypoints) up to 8+ lbs.

More Big Bass Pics & Info: http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ht#Post12520336
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 06:48 PM

wow good work!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 08:24 PM

Nice fish Paul. Thanks for sharing a good report.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 08:34 PM

Awesome that you consistently catch those giants at night out there.

Your reports should include “thank you to the dock owners with underwater green lights...you get me paid”.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 08:39 PM

You can see that your clients are very well pleased. Good job.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 09:32 PM

I met Paul on here after one of my Fork night reports. He sent me a PM and offered to take me for free. We have been hammering big fish for a couple of years now as friends. I've been night fishing Fork for 20 plus years and trust me you don't need any lights or docks. With the grass coming back so good the spinnerbait and big worm bite is going to be outstanding this year. The other night Paul and I hit it on the head....the best wind/temp/fish trip of the year. Thanks again buddy
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 10:16 PM

Nice fish Paul. Good to chat with you.
Posted By: Matt Wilson

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 11:49 PM

AWESOME!!!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Fork Night Report w/pics - 05/02/18 11:55 PM

Dangit Paul. I’m gonna have make a trip this year
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum