Texas Fishing Forum

Catch a Bass and .......

Posted By: Hog Jaw

Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 03:58 PM

Do you work the area , how long do you stay , do you come back later ?
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:11 PM

Caught one on a 5xd on a rock pile in about 10 feet of water the other day and stayed on it for almost another hour without a bite but I knew there had to be more fish on it. Tossed a few different moving baits with no luck. Tied on the jig and first cast pulled up an 8 lber. I wouldn't normally spend that much time on a spot I pulled one fish out of but I just had a gut feeling that there had to be more fish hanging around that area and it paid off.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog
Caught one on a 5xd on a rock pile in about 10 feet of water the other day and stayed on it for almost another hour without a bite but I knew there had to be more fish on it. Tossed a few different moving baits with no luck. Tied on the jig and first cast pulled up an 8 lber. I wouldn't normally spend that much time on a spot I pulled one fish out of but I just had a gut feeling that there had to be more fish hanging around that area and it paid off.

Congrats on your SAL!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: dmr183
Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Congrats on your SAL!

roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Do you work the area , how long do you stay , do you come back later ?

If it is a deep summer spot, no more than 20 mins. Throw a big crankbait a dozen times, then a heavy jig then move along. If it is a spot where I have caught them good before I will check it later in the day.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:42 PM

I would add some time for a C-Rig also.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 04:53 PM

C-rig is great for mopping up what's left over but I don't normally start off with one. Unless I am worn out from crankin... wink
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 10:46 PM

What am I after? A 13 pounder? I”ll sit on a spot all day for one big bite. Doesn’t make any sense to bounce around if you have enough confidence in a spot. Big ones can snap, at anytime. If i’m after numbers, I won’t even wet a line on certain spots if I don’t see the right “stuff” on my graph.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Catch a Bass and ....... - 05/02/18 10:51 PM

4 days if you're fishing the Elites'.... hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum