Texas Fishing Forum

Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ?

Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 02:19 PM

The Bassmater Elite is on Lake Travis middle of may.
Is it a worth while experience to be there ???

Are their different vendors set up?
Do they have seminars by the pros ?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 02:19 PM

Yes, yes and yes.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 02:21 PM

IMO, any Elite event is worth it, especially if it's near you, why not ?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 02:40 PM

Not a huge amount of vendors but a few. Demo rides available. Berkeley always has a pretty big set up. I like watching the first 2 days take-off about as much as anything, that's when you see the game faces. And Swindle is worth going to the weigh in every day he's fishing.

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 02:43 PM

This will be the Toyota Texas Bassfest which used to be the Toyota Texas Bass Classic. There will be a TON of vendors. A bunch of cool TPWD exhibits and activities, as this tournament continues to raise funds for TPWD. Good concerts, too.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
This will be the Toyota Texas Bassfest which used to be the Toyota Texas Bass Classic. There will be a TON of vendors. A bunch of cool TPWD exhibits and activities, as this tournament continues to raise funds for TPWD. Good concerts, too.

Near Austin too, it'll be a party environment, everything I've been to down there has been.. I'd really like to go, more than likely can't, but I bet it's fun...
Posted By: texasangler07

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 04:02 PM

Does anyone know who will be performing at these concerts?
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 04:16 PM

I don't see anything about a concert this year. They may have dropped the concert when BASS picked up the event.

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 04:27 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/attend-2...life-department

You are correct LFG. Guess they dropped the concerts after the fiasco in Frisco.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 06:53 PM

If you've never attended one of their events its definitely worth checking out. Bassfest always has a great set up for the fans.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing
The Bassmater Elite is on Lake Travis middle of may.
Is it a worth while experience to be there ???

Are their different vendors set up?
Do they have seminars by the pros ?

If Ray Scott was the emcee I'd be going for sure. Without a doubt a show unto himself. The man is an entertainer.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 11:37 PM

Though not as well known now as the TV show Major League Fishing the Texas Bass Fest predates MLF in using in boat judges where they catch weigh and release the fish on the spot. Therefor everything they catch over a set mininium counts.

In 2014 Keith Combs broke the record with 110 lb. at Lake Fork.

I am not sure just because you might want to fish this tournament it is open to anyone with money in hand.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/01/18 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
Though not as well known now as the TV show Major League Fishing the Texas Bass Fest predates MLF in using in boat judges where they catch weigh and release the fish on the spot. Therefor everything they catch over a set mininium counts.

In 2014 Keith Combs broke the record with 110 lb. at Lake Fork.

I am not sure just because you might want to fish this tournament it is open to anyone with money in hand.

Only the top 5 fish count each day toward their weight. Also only BASS Elite Pros in it now.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 12:33 AM

I sure hope I can make it.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 02:28 AM

I think it is worth going if you are a fan like me. The last two times they were around DFW it was so hot and they had all the activities on asphalt. The heat ruined it for me.
But yes go if you can.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 09:36 AM

If it is anything like the event they put on in Frisco it was horrible.

They charged $20 to see the vendors, I would say there were maybe 20 vendors and most were cell phone companies, roofing companies and insurance companies, I saw about maybe 5 fishing related vendors.

If they wouldn't of had the concert, which I passed on they would of only had a handful of people, even with the concert there was a very low turnout.

The whole thing was horrible, even the weigh in sucked. They put the anglers in the corner of the field so you couldn't see them, they had a stage but didn't use it.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie
I don't see anything about a concert this year. They may have dropped the concert when BASS picked up the event.

They shot themselves in the foot with the concerts at Lake Fork, Promising rain or shine, when it rained it was cancelled. They tried again in Frisco and nobody came.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13
If you've never attended one of their events its definitely worth checking out. Bassfest always has a great set up for the fans.

+10
Posted By: toledo puma

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 11:35 AM

Heck yeah go to it!
Posted By: stapler101

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 11:35 AM

You are correct LFG. Guess they dropped the concerts after the fiasco in Frisco.

I have to ask. What was the fiasco in Frisco?
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 11:57 AM

Lucky me...unlucky me! I just moved to Austin and live literally 5 minutes from the ramp they're launching from...lucky me. I'm going on vacation the second day AFTER they get started...UNLUCKY ME! Dang it I sure wanted to watch these boys in action the whole tourney! Lake Travis has been nothing but a dink fest for me. Plenty of LMB, but dang if I can find many over 2 pounds!! #fishing50feetdeepscaresme
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 12:05 PM

I'll be following those guys around all week.

Re: Is Bassmaster Elite worth it ? - 05/02/18 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: stapler101

I have to ask. What was the fiasco in Frisco?

They moved it from Fork/Conroe to the Toyota stadium in Frisco. Hardly anyone attended because the metromess just doesn't do a very good job of supporting these events.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum