Texas Fishing Forum

Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? (Got moved - Now it's May 7th and 8th)

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? (Got moved - Now it's May 7th and 8th) - 04/18/18 06:41 PM

Getting to fish with my older brother again on Lake Fork. He has a small boat with a 25HP Evinrude motor so can't travel for miles. Simple depthfinder.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to start? East Side? West Side? South Side? Etc.?
Posted By: Toad Jerker

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/18/18 07:17 PM

I had some decent luck on the west side last weekend throwing blue gill colored chatter baits along the grass lines.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/18/18 08:19 PM

Go launch as close as you can to running creek and you can spend the day up in that general area. It's got a ton of vegetation and also has a lot of protected areas should the wind be howling. And if its muddy (and it probably will be) don't let it mess with you too much. Just throw traps, bladed jigs and dark color baits and you should have fun.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/18/18 08:38 PM

Based on the weather we've been having it's probably gonna continue to be windy so I would recommend launching at Coffee Creek Landing and fish Board Branch and Carroll Creek. Water is probably going to be stained to muddy but you can fish without being blown away. Hope you catch'em.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 02:23 AM

You better be throwing something bright. Water color is.....off.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 02:34 AM

If it was me I would plan on putting in and fishing in Little Mustang. Don't matter what the wind is doing you will be pretty safe behind the bridge.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 12:14 PM

Throw a Frog, it's time.
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Based on the weather we've been having it's probably gonna continue to be windy so I would recommend launching at Coffee Creek Landing and fish Board Branch and Carroll Creek. Water is probably going to be stained to muddy but you can fish without being blown away. Hope you catch'em.

Is there a ramp in that area for a smaller boat? If so, I would love details- thanks in advance.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 07:25 PM

There is a good ramp and dock here. Great area too. You may have to copy & paste this to your browser.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/32%C2%B056'34.5%22N+95%C2%B030'13.1%22W/@32.9429192,-95.5123828,2655m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x864987c25309c999:0xdbbca0109090bca3!2sYantis,+TX+75497!3b1!8m2!3d32.9303985!4d-95.5749558!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d32.9429019!4d-95.5036282

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 07:28 PM

Great info Ken A. I’ve always wanted to fish up there but never knew the ramp situation. Thanks again.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 08:11 PM

That creek to the left is Running Creek that I mentioned earlier in the post.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 08:20 PM

Is that ramp back open? It has been shut down for a year or two, and the dock burned or has otherwise been destroyed.
Posted By: Dual Threat

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepaw on Fork
If it was me I would plan on putting in and fishing in Little Mustang. Don't matter what the wind is doing you will be pretty safe behind the bridge.

I agree! Little Mustang offers a ramp as well as great cover for strong north or south winds. It's a popular spot in the spring, but there are plenty of fish in the area. Good luck!
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/19/18 10:10 PM

Coffee Creek is back open but a South wind will be tough on you there

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/20/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepaw on Fork
Coffee Creek is back open but a South wind will be tough on you there

Is there a fee to launch- if so, where do you pay?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 04/20/18 09:12 PM

They have an office now.

https://www.coffeecreeklanding.com/

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 05/02/18 08:22 PM

Well, the trip got moved to next week (May 7th and 8th).

Sorry about that guys.

Any updates from anyone?

I'll provide our trip results when I get back.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 05/04/18 12:45 AM

Throw a frog. It’s on
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 05/04/18 12:11 PM

I’m gonna be on Fork all that week and fishing with Mark Pack on the 7th and 8th.

Re: Heading out to Lake Fork with my Brother Next Week ~~ Anyone been there lately? - 05/10/18 02:36 PM

What a rough couple of days fishing. Went out Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, (then nap), back out, finally Wednesday morning.

Ended up with 20 bass total. Biggest probably near 4 lbs. Most on a watermelon fluke. Biggest on a black lizard.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum