Texas Fishing Forum

Table Rock Lake

Posted By: Redwatermelon

Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 12:30 AM

Going to Table Rock Lake the last week of May. I have never been to Table Rock. Would it be to fish off shore?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 01:06 AM

Should be a good topwater bite going on a that time. That's a great topwater lake from what I hear.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 01:17 AM

I live a hour away barley ever go. But I know whopper floppers are suppose to be good there. I’ve done good in the lake. But just don’t go much.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 01:24 AM

Topwaters
Posted By: Dr. Hook

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 02:47 AM

The lake is at least two weeks behind normal. Water temps are low 50’s. It has been up to mid 50’s but these cold fronts keep knocking it back to 51-52 degrees. The guides say that the spawn has not started and will probably be late April or early May before the large waves of fish spawn. I would YouTube “ Eric Prey or Focused Fishing” for Eric’s weekly fishing report. He shoots straight. I believe there will still be lots of fish up by the bank. Be prepared, you will likely catch all 3 species. The water is very clear, so 8-12 lb Fluoro or mono is recommended. I throw 1/2 oz jigs on 14-15 lb fluoro. You should have a blast! Good luck!

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 03:22 AM

Thanks for the information!!
Posted By: Michael Huffer

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 04:18 AM

whopper plopper, crank the transition banks, shakey head and a wobble-head should do you good. fished the open there last year in early march and it was a lot of fun.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 02:17 PM

Beautiful lake, clear water, thousands of points. You can throw a Carolina rig or a football jig and catch spots, smallmouth, and largemouth off the same point. Before GPS a friend fished a tournament there and was making the run to the river, almost to Arkansas, made a wrong turn and went about 15 miles the wrong way. It ended up being about an 80 mile run and it was freezing. He finally got to his first spot and his observer said, "Holy chit, I thought I was going to need a passport".
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 07:04 PM

2 words- Ned Rig
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 07:29 PM

Another youtube guy to check out is Pete Wenners. He does weekly fishing reports for TR.
Posted By: Hal Land

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 07:40 PM

Just fished Fri. Sat. Sun. there for a tourney. The lake is behind a few weeks. Pattern post spawn for late May as to where the lake is right now. OzarksAnglers.com Table Rock lake, Pete Wenners weekly fishing report and Eric Prey weekly fishing report will give you a good idea of what pattern and what baits are working. Good luck!

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/17/18 09:36 PM

Lots of good information!I've got 4 days to figure it out. I should be dialed in on day 2. Sounds like I'm going to have a great time! Thanks everyone for the info!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/18/18 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
2 words- Ned Rig

This.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/18/18 01:17 AM

Did well out there last April on shakey heads and finesse jigs. Caught a lot of nice smallmouth slow rolling a 2.8 or 3.3 Keitech on points and over the tops of timber.

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/22/18 07:35 PM

Ended booking a trip with Eric's elite guide service. Thanks for all the info!
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/22/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Huffer
whopper plopper, crank the transition banks, shakey head and a wobble-head should do you good. fished the open there last year in early march and it was a lot of fun.

Practice was. The tourney just about froze me to death.

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/22/18 10:16 PM

What color and size of whopper plopper
works best? Academy has the whopper plopper on sale for $9.99
Posted By: Andy D

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/23/18 02:30 AM

A local guide on TRL will post a weekly video fishing report. He is very thorough. Pete Wenners is his name. Search current reports on his website. Older ones are on You Tube
We go down there every late June and he is very accurate on what is biting. Up to us to find where
Most of what others have said is true.
Have a great time. Beautiful deep water lake. Hope the fish are shallow. When we go we are sometimes targeting fish suspended at 35 feet in 120 feet of water. Gets real tough
Posted By: Andy D

Re: Table Rock Lake - 04/24/18 12:35 AM

There is also an Ozarks Anglers fishing forum that will provide plenty of normative as well
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum