Texas Fishing Forum

Elliott Electric tourney on Fork

Posted By: Toad Jerker

Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/12/18 08:22 PM

Is anyone else on here fishing the Elliott Electrical Supply tournament this weekend on Lake fork? I had a few questions on payouts
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/12/18 09:06 PM

Never heard about it. It'll be windy...
Posted By: texasryan9

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 03:38 PM

I'm fishing this one with my pop. Gonna be a brisk morning. eeks

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 03:41 PM

Do you know if it is a guaranteed amount for payout or is it based on entries? I have fished it before but cant remember,
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 03:50 PM

It's always been by invite only, the entry form goes through there distributors that does bus1ness with them $.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 04:01 PM

I know they offer to pay my entry every year but have only fished it a couple of times.
Posted By: texasryan9

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Toad Jerker
Do you know if it is a guaranteed amount for payout or is it based on entries? I have fished it before but cant remember,

According to official rules..."Awards are determined by entry fees collected, and will be at the total discretion of Elliott Electric Supply".

I found the official rules here:
Elliott Electric's Big Bass Classic

Hope this helps.
Posted By: RUM Mann

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/13/18 10:20 PM

Payouts always seem way low to me
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/14/18 05:30 PM

Any word on how it's going? I hear from a friend the conditions are less than desirable... I'm out of state, it's fabulous here, 84 degrees patchy clouds..
Good luck to the anglers
Posted By: Stonebriar

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/14/18 08:03 PM

wonderful here. 60deg, 35mph winds. normal spring day
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/14/18 10:06 PM

The tourney is from 6-3 Sunday.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/15/18 09:05 PM

Any updates?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/15/18 10:22 PM

Well they started with temps @ 37 degrees, wind chill below freezing and 17 mph winds.

No idea how the tournament went.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/15/18 11:08 PM

Posted By: LA Ron

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 12:03 AM

Two overs one 11 plus and one a little over 9 . Big 5 fish stringer 9.01. 20th place little over 7. 50th ,5.73. 190 teams out of 300 weighed in fish. My son and I found it pretty tough. He caught 2 and I zipped!!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 01:52 AM

So you can't weigh an over in the 5 fish limit?
Posted By: RUM Mann

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 03:18 AM

No you can’t

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 12:59 PM

Someone post results please.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 05:07 PM

Same here I caught 2 unders for 3.82 pounds and my dad didn't catch any but I lost a few unders at the boat before I finally checked my hook and realized the point was bent over and was not penetrating and then caught a few slot fish but 2 was better than none I guess.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 05:57 PM

We got on them fairly good, caught the 9.10 over around 11:30 and had a limit by 1.

Didn't read the rules very good and forgot the over would not count towards the stringer limit. Kind of a weird deal but it was a great day on the water thats for sure!
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Hook'em79
We got on them fairly good, caught the 9.10 over around 11:30 and had a limit by 1.

Didn't read the rules very good and forgot the over would not count towards the stringer limit. Kind of a weird deal but it was a great day on the water thats for sure!

So out of curiosity, Why the rule that an over can not count towards your total weight?
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Troyz

So out of curiosity, Why the rule that an over can not count towards your total weight?

I don't know either, guess it has been that way for a long time. This was our first time fishing it.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Troyz

I don't know either, guess it has been that way for a long time. This was our first time fishing it.

Wow! Goofy rule but Congrats to you guys for the Over!!
Posted By: rkj01

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 08:14 PM

They made the rule after a couple years of people catching an over and no
Unders and winning all the money. They would win the over money and the stringer money. Guys that we're catching 5 good unders we're not getting any thing. Now they have three categories. Over, stringer, smallest bass. I was fortunate enough to catch the 11.70 over. It was tough fishing yesterday we had 7 bites all day the over a 8lber that pulled off at the boat and 5 unders for right at six pounds.We stayed in the same area al day because we knew the fish were there. They started moving up after lunch.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 08:24 PM

They also made a rule about so called "jackpotters" fishing it! lol. A lot of weird rules for an invite tournament.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 08:37 PM

You have to have an active account and have spent x amount of money within a certain amount of months to be eligible to have a team in the tournament. Never heard the rule about jackpotters. Only one person on teams has to be affiliated with the company doing business with Elliott. It' basically a fun Tournament for its customers that still pays a descent amount of money.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 08:44 PM

Nothing fun about it yesterday!!! LOL I felt like I was on an episode of deadliest catch
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/16/18 09:19 PM

Jack potters. There aren't any Jack potters on lake fork.... nuts
Posted By: Michael Huffer

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/17/18 04:20 AM

I was going to, but I am fishing the Aggie Shields tourney on conroe this sunday. if anyone around conroe is looking for a tournament yall should come out. its for a good cause and should have a pretty decent turn out.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/17/18 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: rkj01
Unders and winning all the money. They would win the over money and the stringer money. Guys that we're catching 5 good unders we're not getting any thing. Now they have three categories. Over, stringer, smallest bass. I was fortunate enough to catch the 11.70 over. It was tough fishing yesterday we had 7 bites all day the over a 8lber that pulled off at the boat and 5 unders for right at six pounds.We stayed in the same area al day because we knew the fish were there. They started moving up after lunch.

Great fish, 11.70!! thumb

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/17/18 12:42 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 01:37 AM

I usually fish it. It's a fun tournament, and they feed you pretty good.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 02:09 AM

Heard .28 won the small Bass..think it was worth $200.
Posted By: mattm

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 07:25 AM

Sounds stupid to me. I would rather, and think it is way more impressive, catch an 11 than a boat load of almost 2lbers.
Posted By: LA Ron

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 12:33 PM

Smallest bass .18. $100.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 01:45 PM

You have to have an active account and have spent x amount of money within a certain amount of months to be eligible to have a team in the tournament. Never heard the rule about jackpotters. Only one person on teams has to be affiliated with the company doing business with Elliott. It' basically a fun Tournament for its customers that still pays a descent amount of money.

This is what it is all about!^^^^^^ A company wants to have a fun tournament for it's customers and some of yall want to jump all over them. They spread the payouts around so that the customers have a good experience.

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterEater

This is what it is all about!^^^^^^ A company wants to have a fun tournament for it's customers and some of yall want to jump all over them. They spread the payouts around so that the customers have a good experience.

Great point Skeetereater. Wouldn't it be nice if all companies had the same customer focus as Elliott's Electric!

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Hyland - Lake Fork Guide
Heard .28 won the small Bass..think it was worth $200.

It was actually .18 that won it.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Elliott Electric tourney on Fork - 04/18/18 02:25 PM

their tournament their rules looks like the folks with the invite enjoyed it shouldnt really matter to other people.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum