Texas Fishing Forum

Sandlin This Weekend

Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 03:19 AM

Anyone have any pointers for getting on some fish on sandlin this weekend? Finally got some time to take my dad out on Saturday and don’t want him to catch the old goose egg so any help is appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 11:17 AM

TEXO is hosting a tournament out there on Saturday, and they usually have 100-120 boats sign up. It's going to be crowded out there.
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 11:49 AM

Watermelon Senkos and small shad/white swimbaits on a underspin worked great a couple of weeks ago for our fish. If you would want to catch some white bass go under the Pistol Mill road bridge and to left start at the bridge rip rap and keep fishing the shoreline with the white underspin we caught a mess of them.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 11:51 AM

Nothing specific, just be careful. It's going to be a nasty weekend weatherwise.
Posted By: Dillon Lee Ins & Guide Service

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 11:54 AM

Fish are up everywhere on sandlin caught two between 4 and 5 lbs in an hr out there Monday evening. Should be plenty of bed fish down south. whacky worm in the backs of creeks should be automatic the bucks are easy to catch on the south end you should have a good trip. good luck
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Dillon Lee
Fish are up everywhere on sandlin caught two between 4 and 5 lbs in an hr out there Monday evening. Should be plenty of bed fish down south. whacky worm in the backs of creeks should be automatic the bucks are easy to catch on the south end you should have a good trip. good luck

Need to listen to Dillon. He's money on Sandlin.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 01:54 PM

Thanks Dillon. Sandlin is one of my favorites when I want to get out of town. thumb

Wish I could find a place to rent on the lake for a few days.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: retdbasser

Ragan's has new owners. They are supposed to be doing a lot of work on the place. I'll get over there and take a look.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 03:53 PM

Camp Shiloh has cabins and rooms you can rent!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 05:54 PM

Thanks Dillon. Sandlin is one of my favorites when I want to get out of town. thumb

Holler at "Just James" on here. He has a lake house he rents out pretty reasonably.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

Holler at "Just James" on here. He has a lake house he rents out pretty reasonably.

Thanks to all the responses. Used to stay at Ragans before the mother died and Shiloh before the church bought it. Looking for a house so family can all stay in one place. We stayed on Cypress last year but fishing was poor and had to leave boat outside gate.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Sandlin This Weekend - 04/12/18 10:25 PM

Go to VRBO and search for Pittsburg, TX. That should get you something around the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum