Texas Fishing Forum

13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco

Posted By: wtf242

13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:37 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted here or not. I definitely could not find anything about it.

It's been a very controversial subject on facebook because there are rumors the fish died. These kids look to be in a wal-mart parking lot? I would assume to either buy a scale or a fishing license. Why are there 2 guys holding the same fish and each posted the same scale photo? Anyone have any other info?

who knows, but it's a nice fish!

Posted By: James Biggs

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:03 AM

I’m not surprised. I’ve been blessed to fish some great fisheries nation wide & my biggest bass was from the river on lake Waco.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:09 AM

Oh its dead...
Posted By: Drodge

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:11 AM

They weren’t buying a scale or license they were buying grease and batter.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:30 AM

Well congrats to whomever caught her. I would prefer to see a giant like that released but IMO it is his right to do whatever he wants with the fish.
Posted By: ColoradoAg

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Drodge
They weren’t buying a scale or license they were buying grease and batter.

Gonna take a lot of corn meal for that bad boy.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:50 AM

Excellent fish. Sorry to hear it died. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 11:50 AM

It happens more than you think just not everyone posts about it
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 12:08 PM

We caught lot of big uns up the river , none that big , nice ,
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Oh its dead...

Are you trolling? That fish looks a whole lot thinner than the one in the Walmart parking lot.
Posted By: 9094

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Well congrats to whomever caught her. I would prefer to see a giant like that released but IMO it is his right to do whatever he wants with the fish.

Agree
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:15 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:20 PM

Billy caught it and sold it to Pablo for fish tacos?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
Billy caught it and sold it to Pablo for fish tacos?

That was my thought.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:32 PM

Obviously 2 coonasses doing their best to destroy that fishery.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:39 PM

Terrible waste.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 01:50 PM

At least it went to a good cause but yeah hurts to see this..
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:01 PM

Word on the street is they tried to keep it alive in the sink until they could weigh it at cabelas when they opened in the morning. How dumb can you be.
Posted By: CBoone

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Happens a ton at my local small lake. Have watched crappie fisherman pull them off brush piles at certain times of year and everyone in their boat keep their over. Within the law - but still pretty ignorant IMO. They don't bass fish - so it doesn't affect them - therefore they don't care. Have raised the issue with TPWD. We'll see if they do anything. Hell watched one of them that was easily a real SAL get put on a stringer last Friday.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: CBoone

Happens a ton at my local small lake. Have watched crappie fisherman pull them off brush piles at certain times of year and everyone in their boat keep their over. Within the law - but still pretty ignorant IMO. They don't bass fish - so it doesn't affect them - therefore they don't care. Have raised the issue with TPWD. We'll see if they do anything. Hell watched one of them that was easily a real SAL get put on a stringer last Friday.

I know some people that keep them to get them off their piles. They can't stand them.
Posted By: smallmouthslayer

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 02:57 PM

I read on facebook they put a 3 pound weight down its mouth and that is what killed it...
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 03:00 PM

I like catch and release too but hey legal means and methods it is their choice completely. Very nice fish, I hope I can catch one that big some day! BTW, It is OK, fish are here for us to use and eat. Gen 1:28-30
Posted By: smallmouthslayer

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Oh its dead...

Are you trolling? That fish looks a whole lot thinner than the one in the Walmart parking lot.

It’s the same fish, I saw it on Facebook, I think they kept it in that sink all night
Posted By: T Bird

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 03:27 PM

Hey dude, let's go hang out in the Wal-Mart parking lot and take pictures of our fish. bang
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster1
I like catch and release too but hey legal means and methods it is their choice completely. Very nice fish, I hope I can catch one that big some day! BTW, It is OK, fish are here for us to use and eat. Gen 1:28-30

Agreed.

Its legal and its within their right to do as they please. I would C and R but if the lucky angler chose not to more power to him.

Nice fish!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 03:39 PM

This is a interesting story lol. I'm gonna guess these guys are not experienced anglers
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 09:22 PM

Probably caught it catfishing haha. I met a guy on toledo last year that only fished for catfish with juglines. He was releasing a 9+ bass near his dock and told me he catches a lot of big bass on jugs with live perch out in the lake. Evidently he thought it was illegal to keep bass off jug lines. I agreed with him and told him I thought it was too haha

Shows you how much I care about catfishing haha
Posted By: ColoradoAg

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 09:30 PM

Probably caught it catfishing haha. I met a guy on toledo last year that only fished for catfish with juglines. He was releasing a 9+ bass near his dock and told me he catches a lot of big bass on jugs with live perch out in the lake. Evidently he thought it was illegal to keep bass off jug lines. I agreed with him and told him I thought it was too haha

I believe it is illegal to keep bass off of a jugline.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 10:19 PM

Evidently he thought it was illegal to keep bass off jug lines. I agreed with him and told him I thought it was too haha

Yeah, it is illegal....lol.

Jugline

For use in FRESH WATER only. A fishing line with five or less hooks tied to a free-floating device.

May be used to take NONGAME fish, channel catfish, blue catfish and flathead catfish only.
Posted By: 361V

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 10:28 PM

While jug lines are a legal method(with rules) I’m pretty sure catfish ARE a gamefish: https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/fishing/general-rules-regulations/definitions
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp
Word on the street is they tried to keep it alive in the sink until they could weigh it at cabelas when they opened in the morning. How dumb can you be.

OMG
Posted By: Cameron

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
While jug lines are a legal method(with rules) I’m pretty sure catfish ARE a gamefish: https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/fishing/general-rules-regulations/definitions

May be used to take NONGAME fish, channel catfish, blue catfish and flathead catfish only.

I don't know how you can read that incorrectly. Including non game fish, you may also retain channels, blues and flats. noidea
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
I'm gonna guess these guys are not experienced anglers

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Like others have stated already, if they were all legal, it is well within their rights to retain the fish. Myself, i would have liked to have seen the fish released, but it is what it is!
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/12/18 11:58 PM

Who really cares? It’s a nice fish, he didn’t want to let it go. When all of y’all catch a big one, do whatever you want with it. Steaks, skin mount, released, just don’t waste it. Most likely you’ll waste it if you go with the steak option...it’ll be disgusting. So have a plan to get it to a top notch taxidermist asap. I’m not judging, if it’s kept legally, do what u want.
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: 13.3 caught out of of Bosque river/Lake Waco - 04/14/18 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
Terrible waste.

Man, that fish has spawned for YEARS in that lake/river. Her genes are there. If that's what's important to you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum