Texas Fishing Forum

Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels

Posted By: Bigguy1

Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 01:16 AM

I know it is a super long shot but I at least want to try. I was pre fishing on March 1st for the bfl when the person I was with that day they hit a wave and I did not have my rod strapped in on the passenger side and two went overboard.
Lost a KLX Kistler with 2016 aldebaran 51 left-handed as well as in an NRX 893 with a 2015 BFS aldebaran left-handed. Please let me know if you happen to find them as today I tested it and they did float.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 03:28 AM

Ouch
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 03:36 AM

They float with the reels on them?
Posted By: basshc

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 10:52 AM

I lost 2 couple years ago never did find.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 12:14 PM

Foam grips? How do they float?
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 03:21 PM

that high caliber equipment floats on water?! good luck...
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 07:04 PM

I dropped a quantum exo/power tackle combo over the side at fork last year. It floated to my amazement
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 07:39 PM

You know something someone could invent and become a multi millionaire off?

"Rod Jacket." Have some small floating device that attaches to your rod or reel that stays out of the way and doesn't affect the weight or anything. Drop it over, you can get your rod back. I've heard of people putting pool noodles on theirs, but I'm talking about a more "professional" rod saver

I used to be bad about dropping rods overboard, but they were cheap combo's so I didn't really care. Now that I'm fishing $600-$700 combos, I do everything to my ability to make sure they don't leave the boat. That has to be the most sickening feeling seeing an Aldebaren and NRX going overboard......

But anyway, if the "Rod Jacket" is already a thing, I'm unaware of it. Just an idea for someone to make money off of!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/11/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
You know something someone could invent and become a multi millionaire off?

"Rod Jacket." Have some small floating device that attaches to your rod or reel that stays out of the way and doesn't affect the weight or anything. Drop it over, you can get your rod back. I've heard of people putting pool noodles on theirs, but I'm talking about a more "professional" rod saver

I used to be bad about dropping rods overboard, but they were cheap combo's so I didn't really care. Now that I'm fishing $600-$700 combos, I do everything to my ability to make sure they don't leave the boat. That has to be the most sickening feeling seeing an Aldebaren and NRX going overboard......

But anyway, if the "Rod Jacket" is already a thing, I'm unaware of it. Just an idea for someone to make money off of!

They already make it. Check bass pro
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Long shot rayburn - lost 2 rods/reels - 04/12/18 12:28 AM

Sorry, but..... they gone! bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum