Texas Fishing Forum

Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update?

Posted By: Rog

Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/10/18 03:15 AM

Just installed. Messed around with it Sunday for the first time. Anyone else try it out yet? What downscan pallet do you like best and what color line and sensitivity seems to work best?
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/10/18 12:49 PM

Fish are too shallow right now to use that feature. JMO
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/10/18 02:52 PM

Played with it a little while last trip out....seems like something that I will like once I get use to it.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/10/18 03:21 PM

I played with on Falcon when it first came out. It's a great tool if you ask me!
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/10/18 03:34 PM

I have now spent 2 weekends with the update. I think it's a good tool. I'm really anxious to use it when fish move out to brush piles.

How good is it? I can't say yet. It's definitely not a bad thing.
Posted By: basshc

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/11/18 12:18 AM

Got 2 carbons need to do but always wait till I here good things.

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/11/18 12:19 AM

Thanks guys. Marked some fish with it tight to timber in 20fow that showed up mixed in with return from trees on normal sonar down in root balls. With you guys, can’t wait to see how it works out when they stack up this summer......

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/11/18 12:23 AM

Still messing with color pallets, chirp versus 200 and sensitivity. Have my gen 2 sonar dialed in on the troll motor but not getting as good on totalscan so looking around for total scan setting suggestions for sonar and now fishreveal.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Thoughts on gen 3 fish reveal update? - 04/11/18 01:11 AM

I heard the new update has some glitches in it. I will wait until they get it right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum