Texas Fishing Forum

I don't care what they say...I'm goin!

Posted By: fivebites

I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 04:03 AM

Headed to my "mistress" Lake Fork Monday and Tuesday!! Going for the first time this year AND in my "new to me" Legend 191. Hoping the weather is decent, the bite is good, and the boat runs like a champ. (Sorry, couldn't pass that up since I just sold my 202.) New line on the reels and the net is ready!! I'll be dreaming of giant bass the next two nights! Woo Hoo! Duck and cover...I'm headed your way!!
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 08:39 AM

Good luck!!
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 09:58 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 02:35 PM

Don’t forget to put the plug in. thumb
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 03:16 PM

Charge your batteries
Posted By: 361V

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 03:52 PM

Other than a little chance of rain(cloudy ain't a bad thing) Monday the temps look fine for both days. Have fun!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 03:56 PM

Hope you catch'em. I have no interest in fishing in this kind of weather. It's no fun for me anymore fighting the cold and wind especially when we have some high 70's on the way next week. Guess I have a good excuse anyway, my boat is still in the shop. Maybe Monday, fingers crossed. cheer
Posted By: DNewt

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 04:14 PM

I may go Monday as well and hope my luck turns around on ol mother Fork.

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 10:13 PM

Hey Gig em, I'm not going til Monday! Thanks for the encouragement guys. If anyone goes tomorrow and has good info please pm me or just post back here. Looking for a good hotel for tomorrow and Monday. Hope to get there around 3 tomorrow afternoon. If you see a white Legend 191 holler at me! Probably starting down south either in Wolf or Ray Branch. Been a long time since I've been to Mother Forker in the spring!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/07/18 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: fivebites
Hey Gig em, I'm not going til Monday! Thanks for the encouragement guys. If anyone goes tomorrow and has good info please pm me or just post back here. Looking for a good hotel for tomorrow and Monday. Hope to get there around 3 tomorrow afternoon. If you see a white Legend 191 holler at me! Probably starting down south either in Wolf or Ray Branch. Been a long time since I've been to Mother Forker in the spring!

Good for you, weather will be much better Monday with highs predicted in the upper 60's. Hope you catch'em. I'd check out Alligator cove sometime after noon.

Re: I don't care what they say...I'm goin! - 04/09/18 01:10 AM

Got to Lake Fork around 5:30 (pm) Fished Williams til 7:30. 2 bites. A 4 and a dink. Excited about tomorrow morning. Williams was really stained. Visibility less than a foot. Any topwater or frog bite been happening?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum