Texas Fishing Forum

invizX

Posted By: Tjhook

invizX - 04/05/18 02:31 PM

Stripped and refilled my at reel brand new purchase from academy 20lb and stacked full of memory all ready. What gives? Anyone else seeing any issues.
Posted By: greenen

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 02:49 PM

Invizx is what I use. After I spool it on I let out a long cast worth plus several extra yards and tie it off and stretch it. 20 lb especially will have some memory.
I will restretch several times a year and I use KVD line conditioner as well.
Posted By: TravisTracy

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 02:50 PM

Yea, its reallysoft line...I've had the same thing. You much have to condition before and after every use, and you only get 4 or 5 uses before it goes to s**T. I like the AbrazX more than the invizX.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 02:51 PM

I caught this 25.5" LMB last night off my boathouse deck. Spinning gear, 10 lbs. Sufix braid to about a 6 ft. leader of 8 lbs. Invizx fluorocarbon.

For sure, I had to baby her in, take my time. But, I never had any concerns about either line.

Invizx is my favorite leader material. There are two or three other brands I'd consider based on recommendations from experienced anglers here on TFF . . . but no need to change, for me, based on my experience.

Brad

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 03:09 PM

Were you using the big 1000 yd spool or the regular 200 (?) yd spool that comes in the small box?

I have had trouble with the smaller spools out of the boxes on 10 lb InvizX that I like to use for small cranks/squarebills, but had none of those troubles with the 12 lb InvizX on the big spool.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 05:19 PM

Sounds normal to me, the 20 lb InvizX always has some memory when I use it.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 05:21 PM

I use tatsu and 20 has some memory on it even
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: invizX - 04/05/18 05:47 PM

I got the 1000yd. But I've been using it for awhile and never had this much memory. You t was on my.reel for 2 days haha. I did just put 12lb on my spinning rod. Zero issues
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum