Texas Fishing Forum

Houston Co. lake

Posted By: StormVet

Houston Co. lake - 04/05/18 02:38 AM

Anyone have fishing reports to offer up on this lake. Going tomorrow afternoon.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/05/18 02:42 AM

One of my favorite lakes for sure.. Last time I was up there was mid March and did pretty well! Not the best, but did good. I had my best luck fishing a texas rigged watermelon red baby brush hog with garlic scent along the bank line from the pumping station to the east side of the lake. I saw 2 people that week bring 7-8 pounders up to the marina to get weighed. They both told me they were on pumpkinseed carolina rig and Texas rig. Something else crazy about this week.. I sometimes throw a Heddon one knocker bone spook mid day and them fish will still tear it up. They seem to love topwater on that lake

They were shallow. If this is your first time there, be extremely careful where you're running. Anywhere East of the CFR, idle only.... You'll hit stumps. You're safe to run west of the CFR but stay somewhat close to the north shoreline by about 75-100yds.

It's a great lake, just be careful! If you don't hit a stump east of the CFR buy a lottery ticket on the way home.
Posted By: StormVet

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/05/18 01:46 PM

Thanks. This is my second trip. I concur on the stumps to the east. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/05/18 03:03 PM

One of the best lakes in East TX in my opinion. Enjoy your trip, I've seen folks run that East side, but you won't find me doing it. If you are putting in at the dam, don't forget to fish the face of that dam...
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/05/18 04:31 PM

Any Grass left out there? I used to frequent Houston County but after they killed the grass I stayed away.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/06/18 12:33 AM

Fished good for us on Good Friday.

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/09/18 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: NickHasty
One of the best lakes in East TX in my opinion. Enjoy your trip, I've seen folks run that East side, but you won't find me doing it. If you are putting in at the dam, don't forget to fish the face of that dam...

There's got to be a trail through the East side I'm not aware about, because last time I was there were multiple bass boats hauling [censored] through there like it was nothing
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/09/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: dk2429

There's got to be a trail through the East side I'm not aware about, because last time I was there were multiple bass boats hauling [censored] through there like it was nothing

Not necessarily. Sometimes ignorance is bliss laugh I've seen folks fly through some areas that had ME puckered up for them on east Texas stump fields roflmao
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/09/18 05:43 PM

There is no trail. I used to run it, thinking there was, until I saw the lake really low. There is absolutely zero trail. Just people with big kahunas

Re: Houston Co. lake - 04/09/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet

There is no trail. I used to run it, thinking there was, until I saw the lake really low. There is absolutely zero trail. Just people with big kahunas

I'm sure y'all are right, but those are some lucky guys then.. I see them rooster tailing through there 60mph. Wish I had their luck! lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum