Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us

Posted By: Walls

Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/03/18 10:29 PM

I don't know how many of you even know who Ed Parten was, as it has been a long time since he has been physically able to utilize his incredible knowledge on the front deck to take other angler's money in tournaments. But I can tell you that for many years he has worked hundreds of hours every year trying to make our fisheries better for you and I in many volunteer capacities. Ed lost his battle with cancer on Easter Sunday. I will include a link to the TPWD announcement of his induction into the Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in 2013 at the end of this note and just ask that you keep his lovely bride of 53 years in your prayers as they lay him to rest this weekend. Ed was a literal gentle giant that had a huge impact on our fisheries in so many ways. I'll miss him greatly, and his presence and voice for our passion of bass fishing will probably never be equaled. RIP Ed.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20130122a
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/03/18 11:31 PM

Ed did a lot for Texas bass fishing. I have known him for a long time. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/03/18 11:45 PM

Prayers sent to the family. Thanks for the information.
Posted By: basshc

Re: Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/04/18 12:14 AM

RIP ED
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/04/18 11:24 AM

Ed was one giant of an individual in our industry having known him personally and working with him through TBBU. R.I.P. Ed

https://www.sterlingwhite.com/tributes/Edward-Parten

Debra cool
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Texas Fishing Giant Leaves Us - 04/04/18 01:17 PM

RIP Ed and thank you. Personally, every time I travel the Trinity river between 190 and the upper reaches of Lake Livingston, I think of ED and TBBU (Tx Black Bass Unlimited). Ed and TBBU made a perilous trip a lot less perilous!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum