Re: Lake fork bite - 04/03/18 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DNewt
Saw one on bed in a foot of water yesterday, 1 bite all day. soap

I was thinking water clarity was at about 3 inches right now
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/03/18 10:59 PM

Saw one on bed in a foot of water yesterday, 1 bite all day. soap

Thanks for posting this. I only caught one yesterday as well. I figured it was the cold weather, but I got back home and saw pics of all these great fish caught from Fork! It sucks you didn't catch more but I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/03/18 11:02 PM

The whole lake is not stained and muddy.

There are bed fish. Good ones too.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 02:21 PM

Bite is good right now. Ive been fishing 5 ft. or shallower. Good days close to 30 fish, and about 10 on bad days.
Posted By: DNewt

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 09:54 PM

My goodness I must suck, I've fished Fork 4 days in the last two weeks and didn't see 10 fish TOTAL.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 10:03 PM

Plenty of unders in the shallows, slow way down and fish the outside (and inside) edges of the gator grass. They are there, spawning and guarding. Couldn’t get the big bite, but several decent 1-2 lb unders.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 10:13 PM

I've given up on it after my last few trips, I can get skunked MUCH closer to home

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 10:57 PM

Sorry you didn’t have a good trip out there. But I promise you right now, if you throw a fluke or senko and fish them slow shallow. You should catch 5+ fish a day easily. Key sometimes is to slow down. You don’t know how many people I see out there going Mach 10 down a bank.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Sorry you didn’t have a good trip out there. But I promise you right now, if you throw a fluke or senko and fish them slow shallow. You should catch 5+ fish a day easily. Key sometimes is to slow down. You don’t know how many people I see out there going Mach 10 down a bank.

This is spot on. This time of year if you get in large creek there are lots of fish there. The pressure may make them get weird but if you slow down where they are supposed to be you'll often start getting bit

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 11:27 PM

I fished slow enough with a senko that boats were having to leave or go around me.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/04/18 11:35 PM

I fished slow enough with a senko that boats were having to leave or go around me.

HAhahaha, that made my day. Ain't gonna cut you off cause you ain't moving. Good on you. They aren't catching fish and I bet you are. Think I'll be like you next time I'm out there. thumb
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/05/18 02:26 AM

The muddy water has slowed the bite but they are SHALLOW.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/05/18 02:27 AM

Could not buy a bite on soft plastics fished slow, fast, in between etc. Finally started getting bit on a squarebill crankbait. Slot fish liked it today.

Fished till 5:00PM then loaded up and headed to Holbrook. Caught a nice one pitching a Texas rig up shallow then finished the day getting some frog bites. They inhaled the frog when they hit it too.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/05/18 02:36 PM

Then it comes down to that "X" factor.......location! That can be another big key.

Shoot me a PM next time you're going out there, Ill see if I cant get you on a better bite, and some coves or creeks to go try.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/05/18 02:42 PM

Jigs and swimbaits
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/05/18 02:43 PM

No fish in Indian, nothing to see here, move on bolt

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/06/18 12:41 AM

I may take you up on that.

Then it comes down to that "X" factor.......location! That can be another big key.

Shoot me a PM next time you're going out there, Ill see if I cant get you on a better bite, and some coves or creeks to go try.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/06/18 01:20 AM

Threw everything we had at them last weekend Thursday - Sunday. Caught every fish but 1 on weightless chartreuse pepper hyper stick.

My son threw spinnerbaits and chatterbaits all 4 days and never caught a fish.

We fished grass, points, out deep, etc. Everyfish came off of timber in 3-5'.

Was so windy we tried the same stick baits carolina rigged and texas rigged and couldn't buy a bite.

Pretty sure most of the bites were detected by seeing line move. They did hold on to those hyper sticks though.
Posted By: Jmachuca

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/06/18 02:03 AM

I was out there today. My bites came off a 3xd chili craw color. On main lake points and in drains. Also in the shallow before it got to wind to see the bite I was getting on natural shad senko with the tail dipped. 8 keepers and 4 slot fish. Biggest around 5lbs.
Posted By: redraider4life

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/06/18 02:32 PM

21 hours on the water total - 10 fish - threw the kitchen sink at them! Spinner-baits and weightless flukes were the only things we got hit on. We gave them our best shot and can't wait to do it again!
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/07/18 03:16 AM

Going Saturday would you mind saying what color fluke & spinerbaits?
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/07/18 03:20 AM

Wind will be harsh out there tomorrow.
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/07/18 10:17 PM

Heading out to Fork on Sunday. Haven't been in over a year.... family stuff....

Forecast looks better but i'm worried this cold front will make em' shut down. Oh well, I'll be sleepless with excitement tonight either way!

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/08/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Peepaw on Fork
Wind will be harsh out there tomorrow.

It sure was and the thunder storm out of no nowhere didn't help. Good thing I took my rain gear.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/08/18 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Brocephus
Heading out to Fork on Sunday. Haven't been in over a year.... family stuff....

Forecast looks better but i'm worried this cold front will make em' shut down. Oh well, I'll be sleepless with excitement tonight either way!

I was the same today. Got up at 3:20am. Fishing partner was scheduled to show up at 5am. I got text at 4:30am asking if I was up. roflmao
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/08/18 10:47 AM

this
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 02:55 AM

It's been real good for me!
Posted By: Funkywinkerbean

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 05:17 AM

I have fished Fork from March 2nd, 5 days a week up until Thursday of last week. I have caught three little male bass. I have had multiple days without a bite. Cold fronts have been ridiculous and muddy watereverywhere is not helping. Will be out there next week to keep trying.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 05:23 AM

I've been fishing those two baits for 5 weeks,not days, weeks. Fishing very slow!
I've caught 3 little male bass.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 09:55 AM

The numbers are out deep, bass mixed with yellow and whites as deep as 35ft.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Funkywinkerbean
I've been fishing those two baits for 5 weeks,not days, weeks. Fishing very slow!

Three fish in five weeks? Are you using hooks?
Posted By: Cliff31

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: criglizard
Originally Posted By: Funkywinkerbean

Three fish in five weeks? Are you using hooks?

Not trying to be mean, but literally the funniest response I have read in weeks!!! roflmao
Posted By: Cliff31

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 01:50 PM

I am heading out to Fork next Tuesday and Wednesday. Weather should be perfect!! First trip since last Spring, couldn't be more excited!!
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 02:21 PM

My response was a little rude. I actually just assumed he was joking or being sarcastic.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 03:51 PM

wrong location, wrong lenses, too cloudy.. but probably the first one.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/10/18 08:23 PM

I'm terrible at Fork too, was going yesterday but chose to stay closer to home and fish Lavon, yes Lavon, because I have better luck there than Fork.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/11/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: AdvTX
Jigs and swimbaits

Well I got to Fish during the day..Today (solo) which is rare I usually Fish after Dark 95% of the time. Fished from 3-6:30pm boated 4 - 3 in the slot and a Over which went 8lb 2 oz on a Jig and 1 came on a Swimbait.
After I straighten her up she went 24 1/4

***** happybdayALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY AdvTx (Damon)..woohoo..I'll see you next week!!happybday*****

Here is Damon a few weeks ago with his 8 lb 12 oz.

Today's Fish

Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/11/18 03:29 AM

Good looking fish Paul! The 8's have been showing up regularly in the new rig. Thank you for the birthday wishes my friend, hope to join you on the water this week.

Re: Lake fork bite - 04/11/18 10:49 PM

No problem with your response. It was funny. Yes I am using hooks! As far as location I've been just about everywhere. I made the comments to counter the statements about how good or hot Fork is right now. Based on my experience and the experience of 99.90% of the fisherman I've talked to it's neither.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum