Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Pressure from Elites

Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 02:16 PM

I was looking at the upcoming Elite and FLW schedule and saw that they are both going to Kentucky Lake in May. FLW goes 2 weeks after the Elites.

Do you think having the Elites on a popular lakes increases pressure or decreases pressure?

Here is why I think it could decrease pressure. IF the Elites went to Rayburn or Toledo or Guntersville or Chick would more than 110 anglers avoid the lake and go else where or go and just not fish and follow the elites? I think it's become fishing culture to bash anyone that fishes the same lake as the Elites on tourny days. So does that discourage 100 boats or 500 boats from fishing?

Or is the fact they they are there practicing 2-3 days and fishing 2-4 days cxl out their small number.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 03:52 PM

Kentucky Lake is 160,000 acres. I don't think pressure will increase or decrease.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 03:56 PM

Its Kentucky Lake and its not a well kept secret. Just gonna be another typical year for that lake. I don't think the actual pressure from the contestants in those events will hurt the lake at all. Even if they were not there this year the crowds would still be.

Lakes are made for boating and fishing. We talk about growing the sport all the time. We all get behind HS and college angling, we want all local boat dealers to do well and we want lure companies to succeed then we complain about the lakes being crowded.... roflmao
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 07:04 PM

The elites themselves dont really hurt, it's the aftermath from publicity that hurts
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 07:45 PM

Elites or not you can't tell the difference on Toledo. It's just as busy during week as weekends nowadays. Most don't even know what a pro is, what flw/bass is and they don't care.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Elites or not you can't tell the difference on Toledo. It's just as busy during week as weekends nowadays. Most don't even know what a pro is, what flw/bass is and they don't care.

Deep Fried Trail
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 07:54 PM

It's when they smash them that it hurts the lake with increased pressure later.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Deep Fried Trail

Team Ziplock on Lake Crisco
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Fishing Pressure from Elites - 04/03/18 11:09 PM

I can't see where 110 boats from one or even 225 boats from the other would put any kind of pressure on a 160,000 acre lake.

But put 2000+ anglers on Fork for about three tournaments a year and then it is a good weekend to go elsewhere.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum