Texas Fishing Forum

any good places to stay the night at LOP?

Posted By: thequon

any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 06:01 PM

any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: thequon
any ideas would be greatly appreciated

New Diana is probably your best bet or Ore City.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 06:24 PM

What do you define as good? You looking for just a place to crash for the night to fish the next day or more of an extended stay?

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 06:53 PM

thanks buddy, I'll look into them.

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 06:56 PM

Just a guys fishing trip...not looking for Embassy Suites...lol
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 07:14 PM

airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Diana--TX--United-States/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&query=Diana%2C%20TX%2C%20United%20States&allow_override%5B%5D=&ne_lat=32.906771770537716&ne_lng=-94.54082093303043&sw_lat=32.69966037771936&sw_lng=-94.75127778117496&search_by_map=true&zoom=12&s_tag=_oVZhp4K

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 07:24 PM

A few of us stayed at “A Motel Among the Pines” this past weekend. They have motel rooms and cabins.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander
A few of us stayed at “A Motel Among the Pines” this past weekend. They have motel rooms and cabins.

I stayed there a few years ago. It was a little rough around the edges. Have they cleaned it up at all? How are the cabins?

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

I stayed there a few years ago. It was a little rough around the edges. Have they cleaned it up at all? How are the cabins?

I was only there one night & had never been there before so I wouldn't know how to compare it to a few years ago. I stayed in one of the motel rooms and never went inside a cabin. It was okay for a place to put your head for a night or two on a fishing trip, but I wouldn't subject my wife to staying there. wink
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

I was only there one night & had never been there before so I wouldn't know how to compare it to a few years ago. I stayed in one of the motel rooms and never went inside a cabin. It was okay for a place to put your head for a night or two on a fishing trip, but I wouldn't subject my wife to staying there. wink

Sounds like it's just the same. Thanks grin
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 09:50 PM

Fisherman Inn off 155... Steve and Fabian take good care of that place... used to be dishmans... they’re very clean and pretty nice..
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 10:05 PM

Funny story about LOP motels. Doubt this place is still open so nobody gets butt hurt. Was fishing a tournament there once and no google so looking on a lake map I called several but all were booked up. As a last resort I called Sue's All Night Washateria and Motel and they had one room left so I booked it. Got there late Friday night dog tired and my partner and I unloaded and went to bed. Hadn't been in bed long when I felt something moving under the bed, turned on the light and found a cat under there. Got him out and even though the cotton mattress was lumpy and smelled like cigars was able to get a little sleep. Both me and partner needed a shower really bad the next morning, we flipped, I lost and he got to shower first. Heard a loud SHEEAT coming from the bathroom and he came out with a live scorpion that was in the tub. To make matters worse there was no hot water and only a used bar of soap. So if you're looking for a place to stay at LOP I highly recommend any where but Sue's All Night Washateria and Motel.
roflmao
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/29/18 10:21 PM

Great story Gig'Em.
Posted By: R.G.

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/30/18 11:17 AM

Bullfrog Marina has cabins. Motel at Crestwood close to johnsons creek.

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 03/30/18 04:07 PM

thanks everyone for the posts!!!
Posted By: 250Yamaha

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/11/19 06:51 PM

I also have an interest in Fishing Lake O The Pines. I want a place that is clean, and free of roaches and scorpions. I read a post somewhere that said Bull Frog Marina has new owners ? I'm looking for a place that has rooms/cabins AND will rent a covered boat slip on a per night basis. Thanks.
Posted By: G3bassbarge

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/11/19 07:23 PM

Diana and Ore City do not have any places to stay. As stated, Steve runs a clean place at the 155 bridge. There are a few hotels for rent around the lake
Posted By: 04champ

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/12/19 05:08 AM

don't any of yall own a tent?
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/12/19 11:14 AM

The short answer is: No!
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/12/19 01:02 PM

I’ve been thinking of renting my camper out for this very reason
Posted By: 04champ

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/12/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Notaguide

better change the sheets
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/12/19 11:16 PM

Small motel in Daingerfield if your looking on north end. Bullfrog Marina has cabins at Johnsons creek
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/13/19 12:08 AM

not really
Posted By: Dillon Lee Ins & Guide Service

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/13/19 12:52 AM

I have a contact for a nice place on Bob Sandlin a few miles out of town in Pittsburg it’s a 3 bedroom house on the water w good boat parking. 25 min drive to cedar springs or 155 boat ramp on lake of the pines. 903 767 1600 ask for Debbie tell her your fishing and that I sent you and she will stock the fridge w breakfast burritos and home made salsa.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: any good places to stay the night at LOP? - 02/13/19 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by 04champ
Originally Posted by Notaguide

better change the sheets

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum