Texas Fishing Forum

Costa sunglasses

Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 07:13 PM

There was a post on here where someone mentioned a costa dealer on this forum who sells them for around 100 I cant find it and Ive searched any help?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 07:27 PM

Steep and Cheap
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 07:33 PM

thomas_z71 sells them in the swap sale forum and is a dealer
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 09:49 PM

Might be worth it to call Classic Fiberglass or Fun N Sun boats. Both are Costa dealers with great pricing.
Posted By: Jswanz58

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Steep and Cheap

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 10:45 PM

steep and cheap has the best prices thanks
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 10:52 PM

Would someone explain to me the reason to buy $100+ sunglasses?

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Because they are worth it. I only 1 set of eyes. I want the best I can afford for them. I don't skimp on sunglasses or shoes. I value my back like I do my eyes. I try to protect both. C
Costs are well worth it to me. Better optics and hold up well. My wife started buying Costas after she tried mine because she liked them that much.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Because they are worth it. I only 1 set of eyes. I want the best I can afford for them. I don't skimp on sunglasses or shoes. I value my back like I do my eyes. I try to protect both. Costs are well worth it to me. Better optics and hold up well. My wife started buying Costas after she tried mine because she liked them that much.
Why do you consider them worth it? How are they "better optics"?

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 11:20 PM

I wear icycles and like them a lot replacement lenses are 50 so Ive had them for 7-8 years now.

I want the costas for fishing and polarization as well as gonna try the glass lense and see if I can quit buying replacement lenses.

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/28/18 11:42 PM

Because they are worth it. I only 1 set of eyes. I want the best I can afford for them. I don't skimp on sunglasses or shoes. I value my back like I do my eyes. I try to protect both. Costs are well worth it to me. Better optics and hold up well. My wife started buying Costas after she tried mine because she liked them that much.

Better lens clarity, a more true viewing lens with no warping effect in line bnb of hision, lightweight, holds up well, wrap around frame style. I have no association with them except as a customer.

Costa and Kaenon are 2 best fishing glasses I have worn.

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 12:21 AM

100-150 is pretty cheap really.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 12:25 AM

Better lens clarity, a more true viewing lens with no warping effect in line bnb of hision, lightweight, holds up well, wrap around frame style. I have no association with them except as a customer.

Costa and Kaenon are 2 best fishing glasses I have worn.

I second all of this. I kept buying $20 pairs and the salt from my sweat would eat at the finish on the lens til they were no good. I finally got a pair of Costa 580g. Some of the best money I’ve spent. Worth every penny for all the reasons above.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 04:25 AM

You can never justify to some people buying expensive anything. There are always people who buy the cheapest and say there just as good. I sometimes feel like it’s there way of shaming you for what you want.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 12:02 PM

I've quit buying cheap stuff. I try to buy the best quality I can afford. If I can't afford the best quality, then I wait until I can. I find two things to be true:

1. When you buy cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.
2. When you buy expensive stuff that fact alone makes me take much better care of the item.

I think at the end of the day I probably come out even on the whole thing in terms of cost.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 01:17 PM

Can not wear contacts ,right now a pair of Costa Bifocal Sunglasses are around $480-$500 w / insurance for myself, Going to find another way , but they are worth the money , If I wait next year I can get them about half the cost .
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Can not wear contacts ,right now a pair of Costa Bifocal Sunglasses are around $480-$500 w / insurance for myself, Going to find another way , but they are worth the money , If I wait next year I can get them about half the cost .

Costa's have reader magnifications that are sweet
Posted By: Buddy E

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/29/18 01:28 PM

is there a good place to get prescription Costa's
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/31/18 01:42 PM

www.sierratradingpost.com I bought my Costa sunglasses for about $70..
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/31/18 03:28 PM

Promenade optical was the place I was going. I say was because I went away from Costa because of the spot bifocal. It sucks and I got tired of the two piece frames separating. The lense is the best except for the spot. Spending $600 and the frames separating and not being able to adjust to the bifocal not worth it and for 15 years I had been a diehard Costa fan.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/31/18 06:05 PM

I’ve tried them all. I now own 3 pair of Costa’s, all 580g with various color lenses for different conditions. I’ll also add that their warranty is second to none.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Costa sunglasses - 03/31/18 11:08 PM

My wife is a Costa dealer, if y'all are looking.

PM me here, or check out her FB page.

A Shop Around the Corner
New Braunfels, Tx.
Posted By: stapler101

Re: Costa sunglasses - 04/01/18 01:26 PM

I have never worn the Costa plastic lens. I love the glass but I need a new pair. What are some opinions on the plastic vs the glass lens?
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Costa sunglasses - 04/01/18 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: stapler101
I have never worn the Costa plastic lens. I love the glass but I need a new pair. What are some opinions on the plastic vs the glass lens?

I quit wearing the 580G when I dropped them on the vynyl floor at Grosse Savanne and one of the lens cracked and some shards of glass came off. I couldn't see that being a good thing with a weight came flying back and hit the glasses. I have the 580P and they are ok. Lighter but scratch easier.

I don't see why people think the quality is all that great. Stay away from those with the rubber insert on the frames. It deteriorates over time. It will separate from the frame. It seems that sunscreen effects it. Warrantee is so, so. You never know what the cost will be. Markup on them is ridiculous but that's true with a lot of retail.

Only the 580P passes the ANSI Z80.3 and Z87.1 impact rating. The G lens do not.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Costa sunglasses - 04/02/18 12:26 AM

Try them you will see !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum