Texas Fishing Forum

Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 06:37 PM

He's out until next year.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/davis-takes-medical-hardship
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 06:40 PM

Same age as when I had mine done. He should have done it over the winter. Would only be out 8 weeks or so.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 07:06 PM

Seems to be a real good guy. Hope he gets the relief needed and can come back full strength next season
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 07:12 PM

Super good man, hope he comes back better than ever.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 10:13 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/davis-and-family-rescue-six-dogs,

says alot about the man!
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 10:59 PM

Met him at Rayburn back in 2002 after one of the old Honey Hole Top 6 tournaments. Super good guy. Wish him a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/28/18 11:10 PM

One of my favorites on the elites. Hope he makes a good recovery for next season and keeps fishing for a long time. Seems to be one of the most well liked guys out there among other pros.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/29/18 12:15 AM

Hopefully it goes well for him. It's human nature to put these off even when those who had it done tell you don't put it off.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/29/18 01:01 PM

He's a Crankin Machine! Good luck to him.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/29/18 04:07 PM

Probably the best fisherman I've met. Wish him a speedy and full recovery.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/29/18 04:15 PM

If you ever have the chance, ask Mark about his trip to the White House. It's hilarious!
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/29/18 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
If you ever have the chance, ask Mark about his trip to the White House. It's hilarious!

That is one of the funniest true stories I've ever heard and he does an awesome job of telling it! I wish him the best!
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/30/18 12:01 AM

Get better Mark, you will be missed. Spent a little time with him when he was at an event, talking CBs and applications. I suggested he might could do more, but who am I to say what he is doing is not right. HECK, he is a PROFESSIONAL and OVERALL GOOD GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mentioned the doodad to him and he didn't think it would work, oh well, such is life. GOD SPEED MARK!!!!!!!!!!! Get better quickly and keep yourself whole while you recover. He will probably also be missed at the pretournament CHURCH meetings, too.

Respectfully,

Thad Rains
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/31/18 01:39 PM

When I was at the Classic, this year, I noticed he seemed a little "gimpy" when walking on stage. I hope everything goes well.....
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Mark Davis taking Medical Leave from the Elites - 03/31/18 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
Get better Mark, you will be missed. Spent a little time with him when he was at an event, talking CBs and applications. I suggested he might could do more, but who am I to say what he is doing is not right. HECK, he is a PROFESSIONAL and OVERALL GOOD GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mentioned the doodad to him and he didn't think it would work, oh well, such is life. GOD SPEED MARK!!!!!!!!!!! Get better quickly and keep yourself whole while you recover. He will probably also be missed at the pretournament CHURCH meetings, too.

Respectfully,

Thad Rains

And your point is??? It sounds like you are grinding an axe because a past classic champion and winner of almost $2 million didn't bridle your pony and ride away into the sunset.

Geeez, some people....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum