Texas Fishing Forum

Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork

Posted By: Sinkey

Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:25 PM

My cousin sent this to me this morning about a guy fishing at Fork. I watched it. Looks like he had a great day, but also looks like he is putting a lot of slots in the live well. One may have been over, but not sure.
If any of you know this guys, you may want to tell him its not smart to put that on Youtube. Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9H4dpnQu_U
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:33 PM

It happens a LOT out there. I see it often on another site as well. Eventually the GW will tag them.
Posted By: Bassin2win

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:34 PM

Yup, illegal AF! Even if they were overs he didn't show that he measured them so that the viewers could see he was well within his rights to keep the fish.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:36 PM

Looks like the guy's name is Derik Hux. Kurt Kelley should be able to locate him pretty easily. Freaking youtuber! Rocking out on his rod with an air guitar? roflmao
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassin2win
Yup, illegal AF! Even if they were overs he didn't show that he measured them so that the viewers could see he was well within his rights to keep the fish.

Even if they were overs he could still only have one in his possession.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
It happens a LOT out there. I see it often on another site as well. Eventually the GW will tag them.

Your right Mark. I’ve seen it several times also. What part of the rules do these people not understand? Do we need to explain it with crayons or what?!
Posted By: texasryan9

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:56 PM

Ugh. Nice fish and all, but that guy gets on my dang nerves.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Fork-LegendV21
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Your right Mark. I’ve seen it several times also. What part of the rules do these people not understand? Do we need to explain it with crayons or what?!

Its not just young Youtubers either. Seen some older folks doing it. They will get a ticket eventually though. They always do.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:01 PM

For some it has nothing to do with understanding. It has everything to do with not caring.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:02 PM

My cousin has only fished the lake 3 times in his life with me, and lives in Tennessee. And even he said in his email..."Im pretty sure this is illegal on that lake!"

Even he knows, and he doesn't even live here. roflmao

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:03 PM

You guys that see it all the time need to call the GW right then!

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:10 PM

I just saw he has some other videos from the last day or 2 where he's doing the same thing. SMH!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:16 PM

What a Goober. I promise you only one of those fish was even close and even it probably wasn't 24".

That guy moves his wand around fighting a fish more than Harry Potter.... roflmao

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
I just saw he has some other videos from the last day or 2 where he's doing the same thing. SMH!

Post them here please, Chris. Might help the Game Warden run this guy down faster.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:22 PM

Nice fish!, but not a one was 24"

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgjvpBp7h7U
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:24 PM

I can see why he is fishing alone
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:26 PM

Here you go:

https://www.facebook.com/derick.hux

You can tell he's from out of state netting those 4 pounders. roflmao
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:28 PM

That guy fishes in front of my house all the time. I would say something, except until now, I've never seen him catch a fish! bolt

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD
That guy fishes in front of my house all the time. Should I shoot him?? bolt

No, but if you know who he is, I'm sure the GW would appreciate his 411.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Here you go:

https://www.facebook.com/derick.hux

You can tell he's from out of state netting those 4 pounders. roflmao

linky no work

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:31 PM

Fouz, Ive never seen him catch a fish

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:33 PM

Well next time get his TX numbers. I'll give them to the GW. Although with his face and adverts on his sweatshirt, an IP address and a few other things, I'm betting they'll run him down pretty quickly!

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 07:42 PM

I got Kurt and Derrick's #, If I see him actually catch and keep a slot, I'll give'em a call. This is amazing,he wears out that point, I've never seen him catch one.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:00 PM

He caught some good fish at "no name point" soon to be Hux Point. Guys relax a little. The GWs frequent this site, social media and many other internet sites searching for violations. He will be found out soon enough. Instead of snitching on him, why not give him a heads up and let him know he shouldn't be putting slots in his live well. If he's a jerk then turn him in. Lol. Hope y'all don't have the highway patrol on speed dial if I pass you going 72 in a 70.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:05 PM

BS. If I see you breaking game laws, I call the GW. I would expect the same, in return. Taking a relaxed approach to abuse of one of OUR natural resources is not in my DNA.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:11 PM

I'm genuinely impressed he landed any of those fish. Never seen someone so animated while fighting a fish...every single time... eeks
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:16 PM

It shocks me how many people I have had to argue the meaning of “retain” with. So many people think it’s ok to put slots in the livewell so you can get a group fish pic at the end of the day.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
BS. If I see you breaking game laws, I call the GW. I would expect the same, in return. Taking a relaxed approach to abuse of one of OUR natural resources is not in my DNA.

Give me a break. Abuse??
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:19 PM

Someone asked about it in the comments section of YouTube. For all the effort he put into planning the trip you’d think he would have become aware of the laws on the lake.

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:22 PM

That is one weird dude right there.

Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:23 PM

Wow! So lets throw fish back in the water like a sack of potatos!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:24 PM

Hobb's must be one of Hux's fishing buddies.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:26 PM

I bet you got beat up in school at lot.

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Hobb's must be one of Hux's fishing buddies.

Lol. No. First thing I did when I played the video was hit the mute button. That dude is a goof ball but I'm not going to turn him in. Looks like someone brought it to his attention on youtube. Maybe he will follow the rules now that he is aware of them. I'm not a buddy of his but I'm not an internet game warden either. There's enough pitchfork carriers on here.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Give me a break. Abuse??

Originally Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

I bet you got beat up in school at lot.

So what do you guys suggest? Would you overlook a guy poaching a deer from the road with a spotlight on your land?

Its our job as sportsmen to assist in protecting the natural resources we all enjoy... and yes, abuse of the resource is absolutely whats happening. We could also just say illegally harvesting, illegally retaining, poaching, or just breaking the law if the word abuse rubs you wrong. Basic morals and ethics are few and far in between these days, even in the world of sportsmen apparently. . I hope the GW throws the book at the guy.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:16 PM

I told him on his fb page for you guys,(followed the linky above) it isnt hard to let him know you cant put a fish in the slot in your live well..
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:17 PM

I can only assume that those people ridiculing someone for wanting game laws to be enforced are perpetrators themselves.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:23 PM

Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:27 PM

Nice fish. Extreme ignorance on his part.
I recognize that joker from the Big Bass Splash at Grand lake last year.
Posted By: ColoradoAg

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:27 PM

He only has about 20 videos on his Facebook of him throwing short fish into his livewell on Lake Fork roflmao
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:43 PM

You guys that see it all the time need to call the GW right then!

How do you think it would go over if I blew in some guides that have been doing it..I've watch it happen. They load the fish in the live well seek out a nearby compliant guide, take pic's of some nice unders and 8+lb slots..
Not once, but several times in just a hour or so while I fished.. He would leave, and come back with another load of fresh caught slots... I just shook my head.. I'd get torched if I said who they were, plus I can't prove it other than my word, I believe I'm considered an honest man.. It was mid Feb..

You're right Chris, I should have called, the GW.. I know him well.. Like a dummy I don't have his personal number.. It should be reported, if nothing else to let them know they're be seen...
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy
He caught some good fish at "no name point" soon to be Hux Point. Guys relax a little. The GWs frequent this site, social media and many other internet sites searching for violations. He will be found out soon enough. Instead of snitching on him, why not give him a heads up and let him know he shouldn't be putting slots in his live well. If he's a jerk then turn him in. Lol. Hope y'all don't have the highway patrol on speed dial if I pass you going 72 in a 70.

Lmao. Highway patrol on speed dial. So many saints on the internet.

And the good old my buddy was watching it excuse. Knowing dang well you watch these YouTube dorks but won't admit on a forum.
Posted By: watermelon orange

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:49 PM

dude removed the video
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:53 PM

Dang... missed the video. Bet he got a phone call.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Dang... missed the video. Bet he got a phone call.

Still up on his facebook page though.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 10:57 PM

The Air guitar. Lolz. What a DB. Comes here every spring and hires a guide to put him on them and then makes Metal videos on Youtube. "Look at me" roflmao
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 11:02 PM

videos have been taken down and his the facebook page removed. guess he got scared.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Zipster
videos have been taken down and his the facebook page removed. guess he got scared.

Good ... he is an idiot that has no respect for the lake.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Video of guy putting slots in livewell on Fork - 03/27/18 11:20 PM

.....anyone got a pic of him or the boat. I'll say something for sure
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum