Texas Fishing Forum

Academy rod riot

Posted By: AvidOutdoors7

Academy rod riot - 03/27/18 03:07 PM

Does anybody know when the rod riot at the Waco academy might be held?
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/27/18 03:27 PM

Ah.. wanting to get their early is hide your favorite rod, huh?
Posted By: AvidOutdoors7

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/27/18 03:35 PM

You know it! lol, nah im just looking for a new rod and want it cheaper banana
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/27/18 03:37 PM

Academy hasn't had a rod riot around here in years.

Now, a few years back they did clear out all of their Made in the USA Falcon Bucoo's to make room for the new SR series.
Last year they cleared out the Ethos blue rods (they are great; and you can still find some with the sale price from last year)

Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/28/18 12:57 AM

I can't remember when they had the last one.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/28/18 02:21 AM

If you are willing to look through their rods and scan the prices I can almost guarantee you will find some that ring up less than marked.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/28/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
If you are willing to look through their rods and scan the prices I can almost guarantee you will find some that ring up less than marked.

+1

Went yesterday to get a rod and reel for crappie fishing
Found a H20 mettle 10 bearing spinning combo that was marked and scanned for $30 less than the others

Some of the blue Ethos spinning and baitcasting rods were still marked at the 4-6 months ago sale price

Be sure the look at their online clearance items also
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/29/18 12:22 AM

I've been to a few Academy stores that looked like they had several Rod Riot events and never restocked.
Posted By: Bigg Un

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/30/18 03:14 PM

Academy isn't what it used to be...went in for some black and blue zoom lizards...didn't have any and according to the employee stocking the shelves they don't carry them...ended up finding some at Walmart of all places...
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/30/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

Yup
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Academy rod riot - 03/31/18 01:35 PM

The Academy I shop...the employees get 1st pick and, either, place them on the top shelf, hidden from customers, or place them behind the customer service counter, so they can buy them, later.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum