Texas Fishing Forum

More Rain...

Posted By: TysonS

More Rain... - 03/26/18 04:32 PM

It looks like some significant rain is forecasted for Tuesday/Wednesday in East TX. With the lakes already being full and clarity being limited (at lake fork anyway) will this have much impact on the spawn and fishing success or are the fish already used to these conditions? Thanks!
Posted By: 361V

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 04:36 PM

Only an impact on those fishermen wanting to temporarily interrupt some spawning action. laugh The fish will actually be better off if this is big enough to further dirty up the water.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TysonS
It looks like some significant rain is forecasted for Tuesday/Wednesday in East TX. With the lakes already being full and clarity being limited (at lake fork anyway) will this have much impact on the spawn and fishing success or are the fish already used to these conditions? Thanks!

The previous rains, dirty water and gates being open have not stopped some SALs being caught along with a ton of other fish. There will still be clear water to sight fish in.

Fish will keep doing their thing.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 04:50 PM

I think they’ll be relatively unaffected. They’re primed and some rain won’t do much of anything besides put the new-comers up in the sumberged brush. Let’s get it on!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 04:52 PM

It will make the spawn a lot more productive as far as survival rates go
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 05:04 PM

From what I've read, and watched recently, dirty-chocolate water does not hinder the fish at all, if anything dirty water will warm faster in the sun.
As for fishing, we may have to work a little harder. The boat ramps around my place have been jammed, so it's not stopping anyone.
hooked
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 05:07 PM

It'll be better for the spawn. The guys beating the banks catch an enourmous amount of bed fish they just don't know it.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
From what I've read, and watched recently, dirty-chocolate water does not hinder the fish at all, if anything dirty water will warm faster in the sun.
As for fishing, we may have to work a little harder. The boat ramps around my place have been jammed, so it's not stopping anyone.
hooked

they are chasing that "Forklore"
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 05:56 PM

The upside of rain, it keeps a lot of fisherman off. Did a club tournament 2 day this weekend, lakes were beat to heck with pressure, starting to think pressure on our lakes is ruining the fishing experience, my 02c
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Try the Ray Charles bed fishing technique, it works thumb thumb peep
Posted By: TysonS

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 06:23 PM

I appreciate all the reply's. I will be fishing Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I wasnt planning on sight fishing. Just driving a long way for a short window of fishing and am hoping it will be worth it. Thanks!
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More

The Stevie Wonder technique works quite well also smile
Posted By: Longeye

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: L a r r y
Originally Posted By: Bass&More

The Stevie Wonder technique works quite well also smile

So does the Ronnie Milsap method
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: More Rain... - 03/26/18 08:55 PM

Rain doesn't hurt but a monsoonal type flood is another thing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum