Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool.. 3/25

Posted By: Bill Durham

Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/26/18 02:59 AM

Got out to the Pool today.. fished from around 8a to Noon. Water temps were 61-63 where I fished. I caught around 10 with 3 that were keepers.. big fish was probably 3lbs.. other 2 were 2lbers. The rest were 10"ers. But had fun. I looked for bedders but didn't see any. The fish I caught seemed to be on a 6' contour pattern. It didn't seem to matter as far as location.. main lake points, banks, brush piles.. etc.. there were fish in all locations along that 6' contour. All of my fish were caught drop shotting.. Zoom finesse in Houdini. The wind really picked up around noon or I probably would have stayed longer. Lots of boats on the water today..
Tight Lines
BD
Posted By: tsspencer2887

Re: Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/26/18 01:39 PM

I think that needs to be flipped around. The 10"ers were keepers. The other three were slot fish.

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to get some fishing time in off the dam this coming weekend. I'll post if I get to go.

Re: Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/26/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tsspencer2887
I think that needs to be flipped around. The 10"ers were keepers. The other three were slot fish.

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to get some fishing time in off the dam this coming weekend. I'll post if I get to go.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't fish derby's so my reference on keepers goes back to the meat fishing days. Although.. those 10"ers would have made a nice "mess" of fish for the dinner plate. All were released so no confusion.

BD
Posted By: FishingTexan

Re: Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/27/18 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Durham
Got out to the Pool today.. fished from around 8a to Noon. Water temps were 61-63 where I fished. I caught around 10 with 3 that were keepers.. big fish was probably 3lbs.. other 2 were 2lbers. The rest were 10"ers. But had fun. I looked for bedders but didn't see any. The fish I caught seemed to be on a 6' contour pattern. It didn't seem to matter as far as location.. main lake points, banks, brush piles.. etc.. there were fish in all locations along that 6' contour. All of my fish were caught drop shotting.. Zoom finesse in Houdini. The wind really picked up around noon or I probably would have stayed longer. Lots of boats on the water today..
Tight Lines
BD

I went to Joe Pool on Saturday, saw temperatures ranging from 62 to 69, had similar results using a squarebill crankbait until late in the day and caught these two up shallow.

Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/27/18 12:52 AM

Awesome report. Thank you.

Re: Joe Pool.. 3/25 - 03/27/18 02:24 AM

FT.. I'm not surprised your water temps were higher on Sat.. lots of sunshine! Sunday was heavy overcast that was almost socked in fog at times until late in the morning. I don't know if it rained over night or not but it was a good bit cooler Sunday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum