Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom

Posted By: photofishin

Possum Kingdom - 03/25/18 01:56 PM

My wife and kids and I are camping at PK the weekend of April 6th. I've never fished the lake. Not fishing a tournament or anything but would like to get some tips on areas to focus/baits to use. I know it's a clear water impoundment so I imagine techniques/baits similar to what I'd fish at Travis would work...but not sure.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Possum Kingdom - 03/25/18 02:33 PM

Here's 3 for ya, shakey head with a Grande Bass 3" rattlesnake in watermelon/red, a chatter bait in your favorite color and a white 4" fluke all fished in 2-4 fow on rocky banks. Go get'em.
Posted By: aggieangler03

Re: Possum Kingdom - 03/25/18 02:45 PM

It’s 100X better than Travis. You don’t have to finesse it as much. Yesterday I caught them from shallow bushes in 2-6 feet and out to 10’ on rock. Caught all of them on a 1/4 ounce T rig because that was the only rod I got out. I was trying entertain a 4 year old so didn’t fish hard and didn’t start until 11.
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Possum Kingdom - 03/25/18 03:03 PM

thanks a bunch!
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Possum Kingdom - 03/25/18 03:20 PM

Fish your strengths, you can catch fish from rock creek to the dam.. clear water throw jerkbaits or go up into major creeks and flip jigs and trigs with 25 lbs fluoro.. those fish are mean
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum