Texas Fishing Forum

Solix - battery

Posted By: J-2

Solix - battery - 03/22/18 01:08 PM

Putting a 15 & a 12 on my boat. Anyone running this or similar setup? Are your batteries holding up to a full day on the water?
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Solix - battery - 03/22/18 01:18 PM

Two 15s , one bow, one console. I put whichever unit I am not using on standby. I use the batteries + X2 AGM. Decreasing screen brightness by one or two clicks saves a lot of battery usage as well.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Solix - battery - 03/22/18 01:32 PM

Those birds draw a lot buy what godsdozer said will help. After running birds and lowrance, the lowrance are a lot less voltage sensitive. Get a big battery and wire them up with the proper wire and that will help a lot. Using standby will help also
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Solix - battery - 03/22/18 01:57 PM

As stated above standby will help, I had two 12’s and they use a lot more juice than my Lowrance units, I kept them less than a month and went back to Lowrance.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Solix - battery - 03/22/18 02:27 PM

I have a 12 and a 15 Solix, and 360 imaging (draws power too). They're power hungry and really cranky about low voltage... It has been a learning experience coming from 800 series humminbirds. The 31 AGM Duracell (link below) has done fine but even it won't hold up to both units on with full screen brightness and livewell pumps and PowerPoles all day. Knocking the screen brightness down to 7 or 8 makes a substantial difference in power use. I have also been putting the console unit on standby while fishing and I moved my PowerPoles over to one of the deep cycle batteries to take some of the load off of the cranking battery. This method worked fine in my last tournament, had no power issues all the way to weigh-in.

Also be sure to use this thickest gauge wire you can, my boat was pre-rigged with 10 gauge so there is not much voltage loss between the battery and the front unit. But, I think I'm going to have to run a separate set of wires directly from the 360 to the battery... it has been glitching and I suspect it is because I have it wired in with the front Solix's power wire. They're incredible units but they have been a pain in the [censored] rigging and figuring them out on my own.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-a.../prod3590232.ip
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Solix - battery - 03/22/18 07:14 PM

I used 8 gauge wire directly to the battery for both units. my longest fishing day has been around 8 or 9 hours and I have yet to experience a NO START situation (knock on wood ). I think my voltage that day was around 12.2 v at the end of the day. My eyes are not the best these days therefor I do use full brightness all day but allways turn other unit to standby.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum