Texas Fishing Forum

The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech

Posted By: Jpurdue

The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 12:01 PM

This is the only place I can find the video. For my money it's the best classic speech of all time. Dude has an awesome personality. roflmao

https://www.facebook.com/LunkerChasers/videos/1597178193652494/
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 12:07 PM

It was awesome. It would be hilarious to spend a day fun fishing with him.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 01:52 PM

Man I just clapped at my desk at the pimp with a limp line. I pay $15.99 just like yall do, love that too. I got a friend who spends time with him in FL yearly and tells me he is just like all of us, nothing better, nothing worse.
Posted By: Jigaholic

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 01:54 PM

I spent a day riding with him as a marshal on one of the Toledo Bend events, and I was rolling all day. Dude is as focused as can be on fishing and what he is doing, but still makes you bust a gut laughing. It was a great time. He fished harder and more intensely than most of the guys I have ridden with.
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 03:54 PM

A Mart’s speech was what caught my attention. No jokes, no sponsor plugs, just an honest shoutout to military and first responders. Was super classy
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: E8C-ENG
A Mart’s speech was what caught my attention. No jokes, no sponsor plugs, just an honest shoutout to military and first responders. Was super classy

I can't ever understand him. He mumbles in coherently.
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander

It’s funny you say that. I was there in person & couldn’t understand a word of swindle’s speech. Heard a Mart’s just fine
Posted By: John175☮

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 07:30 PM

He is a hoot....during the live coverage he was talking about the size lure he had tied on.

When I get a bite I want a man sized bite!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 07:52 PM

It’s funny you say that. I was there in person & couldn’t understand a word of swindle’s speech. Heard a Mart’s just fine

Dude doesn't like GMAN. Fair nuff. I like him and A-aron. Fair 'nuff.
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 07:57 PM

He's one of m favorites!I think you have to be full redneck to understand him,which I do just fine!LOL
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: B.K.S.

He's one of m favorites!I think you have to be full redneck to understand him,which I do just fine!LOL

I'm not but I understood him fine. Just have to speed up your brain to keep up. He's a funny guy. cheers
Posted By: Big Ned

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 08:51 PM

Swindle is one of the great ambassador of our sport. He is a true working mans fisherman like 95% on this forum. He tells it like it is with a little comedy twist he is great for BASS and the entire fishing community. Not to mention he is also a stick that could win anywhere. I know he has never won an elite event but he is a consistent pro that could or will be in the running in any event. Gerald brings a breath of fresh air to any event he fishes. I am a huge Swindle fan and pull for him all the time. I believe he will eventually touch the blue trophy, but until then it is fun watching him strive to get there.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 09:19 PM

He reminds me of a nascar driver talking
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Ned
Swindle is one of the great ambassador of our sport. He is a true working mans fisherman like 95% on this forum. He tells it like it is with a little comedy twist he is great for BASS and the entire fishing community. Not to mention he is also a stick that could win anywhere. I know he has never won an elite event but he is a consistent pro that could or will be in the running in any event. Gerald brings a breath of fresh air to any event he fishes. I am a huge Swindle fan and pull for him all the time. I believe he will eventually touch the blue trophy, but until then it is fun watching him strive to get there.

couldn't have said it better myself!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 10:23 PM

he is a really neat personality/helluva good fisherman and I'm told he is a good man in every respect.....
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 10:55 PM

Exactly!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
This is the only place I can find the video. For my money it's the best classic speech of all time. Dude has an awesome personality. roflmao

https://www.facebook.com/LunkerChasers/videos/1597178193652494/

It’s one thing to be funny. Swindle is funny & classy. Nothing but respect! thumb
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/20/18 11:14 PM

My hearing is bad.....I mean really bad!!! Years of shooting guns without hearing protection will do that to you. With that being said I had no problem at all understanding any of them. Yall make me feel good now. woot
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 12:11 AM

G-Man stand up hour?
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 01:53 AM

I thought it was great when he said on live what bait he was using lol. I can’t remember the exact bait but he pointed out he wasn’t sponsored by the and pays 15 bucks a piece for them like we do. Honesty goes a long way
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe
I thought it was great when he said on live what bait he was using lol. I can’t remember the exact bait but he pointed out he wasn’t sponsored by the and pays 15 bucks a piece for them like we do. Honesty goes a long way

I think he called it a Evergreen Jackhammer chatter bait.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Yeh. That is it. But!!!! They are $19.99.....so he ain't paying what WE pay! Haha
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Yeh. That is it. But!!!! They are $19.99.....so he ain't paying what WE pay! Haha

They are $15.99 at a lot of places. TW included.

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 05:48 AM

Only 19.99 at Bass Pro...
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 10:55 AM

Not to side track the thread, but 3/8 & 1/2 are $15.99 at TW and 3/4 are $17.99

I always pull for Swindle and he's a helluva fisherman, predict he'll win the big one in the near future!
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 10:56 AM

He may not have one of them blue trophies, but he does have an AOY trophy. Think i would trade a blue for and AOY anyday.
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 10:57 AM

And he is outright hilarious
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

I only go to BPS to try on Costa's before I order them from where else... That place is to dang high on most everything...
Gman said he had 1K+ in hammer baits... $$$$$ they must be good...

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

I only go to BPS to try on Costa's before I order them from where else... That place is to dang high on most everything...
Gman said he had 1K+ in hammer baits... $$$$$ they must be good...

Smart play, unless you have a gift card. smile I bought one at the FNS show in January (15% off) It's caught most of my keeper fish in our Feb and March tournaments. Can't really tell the difference other than the head is more compact, but it catches fish.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: beartrap
he is a really neat personality/helluva good fisherman and I'm told he is a good man in every respect.....

I've had the great fortune to spend a considerable amount of time with G and Lulu over the years. Everything you said is exactly correct, beartrap. But he'll be the first to tell you, he couldn't do it without Lulu. She's an amazing lady!
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 02:16 PM

Yep, something about the Jackhammer. By far my favorite chatterbait.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Massoletti
He may not have one of them blue trophies, but he does have an AOY trophy. Think i would trade a blue for and AOY anyday.

He's got 2 of those AOY trophies.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: The pimp with a limp: GMAN's classic speech - 03/21/18 04:51 PM

Swindle and Hackney are both great fishermen but their personality really attracts people to them including myself. Love to hear them tell their stories whether they caught anything or not. Those types of personalities help bring fans to bass fishing as much as the ones who win, maybe more.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum