Texas Fishing Forum

NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with...

Posted By: bostonbassin

NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 01:13 AM

Hey Anglers,

Name's Eric, I have a Youtube channel called "Boston Bassin." I love fishing, but have no one to fish with since I just moved here from Boston. I currently live in Plano, and I've been having a difficult time finding places to fish for largemouth bass. I understand it is a totally different ball game down here in Texas, but would seriously appreciate some guidance.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:04 AM

You are literally surrounded by good bass water. Hook up the boat, and pick a direction.

Just hang on when you get a bump....Texas bass are a little bigger than those largemouth you've been catching up there. You'll miss the smallmouth bite though. They are nowhere near the same here.

If ya just wanna go fish a small tourney as a partner deal, I usually fish 3-4 tourneys a week. Hit me up.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
If ya just wanna go fish a small tourney as a partner deal, I usually fish 3-4 tourneys a week. Hit me up.

Welcome, Boston....just watch him. He likes taking people's money. Even Yankees!

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:19 AM

@Steezmacqueen, I don't have a boat. I wish I had one.
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:32 AM

Right but you can join a bass club and fish as a non boater in bassnation events and most clubs i know encourage boating members to take nonboaters. Its different for sure, but you get to fish some really good lakes.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:42 AM

@gut hooked any recs for fishing clubs?
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 03:40 AM

Welcome to the forum Eric. I watched some of your videos. Very cool. I don't know if you have to work next monday or tuesday, but I have a back seat open af Fork if you want. All it will cost you is fuel over to the lake and back in your vehicle. That was cool what you did for that girl I think is was video 3 I believe. I have life jacket and food for you. You would just need your poles and tackle. Let me know?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 06:46 AM

Seeing your reaction to that 4. Your going to LOVE Texas. Take one these guys up on their offer and join them for a day. You ever get down to southeast Texas let me know.
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: bostonbassin
@gut hooked any recs for fishing clubs?

I dont know the north texas clubs. I am in houston. Go to texasbassonline.com which is the texas BASS nation wevsite and you will find a list of clubs.

Also post here asking about club info and you'll get alot of good info.

Ping me if you head this way and we may wet a line.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 08:09 AM

welcome
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 12:22 PM

Welcome. There's a lotta good 411 on here as long as you're thick skinned. thumb
Posted By: FMJag64

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Welcome to the forum Eric. I watched some of your videos. Very cool. I don't know if you have to work next monday or tuesday, but I have a back seat open af Fork if you want. All it will cost you is fuel over to the lake and back in your vehicle. That was cool what you did for that girl I think is was video 3 I believe. I have life jacket and food for you. You would just need your poles and tackle. Let me know?

Great offer on one of the best bass lakes in the nation! Take it!
Posted By: Bulldogcoach3

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 12:51 PM

PM sent. Hit me up.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 02:47 PM

Hey H20Dawg,

Unfortunately the only days I can really fish are Saturday and Sunday. I work Monday-Friday from 9-6. If you are ever available on the weekend, I will definitely join you. It has been my dream to fish at Lake Fork. Again, I truly appreciate you kind offer.

-Eric
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 03:42 PM

Most people on this forum are retired and most retired dont fish on weekends unless its a tourney.

Find some clubs around you go to their meetings, join, be a non boater and get on some fish.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 04:06 PM

There are several ABA districts in your area. Just look up American Bass Anglers and you can pick the derbies you want to go fish. They do a random draw for non-boaters. That will allow you to fish with several different anglers and learn more about TX waters.
Posted By: Luke Scribner

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 04:53 PM

You should join the Farmersville bass club if you have a boat. We are a pretty small club with some pretty competitive fishing.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 05:28 PM

Why not look up some ponds on Google maps and do some bank fishing? You can catch 2-5lb bass from the bank easy.

I'm no pro, but you're welcome to join me on the weekends in Irving. Feel free to PM me.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 06:10 PM

@Lee Finlay...
That was the first thing I did when I moved, and since unfortunately did not get a single bite. I realize that there are not many natural reservoirs/ponds as there are up north, but that is why I joined the forum to get some more tips on where to go. I tried hitting up Lake Lavon near the dam site, but it was overcrowded with anglers going for hybrids/crappie. I'm more interested in targeting those Texas largemouth, so I'll definitely send you a PM to discuss more.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 06:41 PM

Scroll down there is a partner finder section here on this site!
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/20/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: bostonbassin
@Lee Finlay...
That was the first thing I did when I moved, and since unfortunately did not get a single bite. I realize that there are not many natural reservoirs/ponds as there are up north, but that is why I joined the forum to get some more tips on where to go. I tried hitting up Lake Lavon near the dam site, but it was overcrowded with anglers going for hybrids/crappie. I'm more interested in targeting those Texas largemouth, so I'll definitely send you a PM to discuss more.

I've had horrible luck on the ponds the last few months. Only in the last week or so has the bite picked up. I'm not surprised you got skunked.

I'd love to hear about fishing up north. I grew up here and thought we had plenty of ponds.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/21/18 12:28 AM

Thank you all for showing me that true Southern hospitality. Makes me feel like I made a real good decision in moving down here.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/21/18 01:45 AM

My niece with Ebby Halliday tells me that 10,000 people a month are moving into the DFW area.

Now you know why. wink
Posted By: RedRaiders

Re: NEW to TEXAS. Looking for people to fish with... - 03/22/18 06:34 PM

I sent you a PM fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum