Texas Fishing Forum

Lake O' the Pines Saturday

Posted By: bassmanrudy

Lake O' the Pines Saturday - 03/19/18 08:04 PM

Well Sat turned out to be a Great day for me out on Pines!! :-) Weighed in my best 5 fish limit ever-18.86lbs- with a 5.7lb kicker and took 2d in our local club tourney. The fish are shallow and biting!! Most fish came on a full size brushhog in darker colors(cali 420 or bama bug) and if I was deeper than 5' couldn't seem to get a bite. Best have a stout rod and use braid those fish are full of fight and getting them back over multiple logs and briar patches is an ordeal! I actually can say for the first time I have sore ribs from the rod slamming into them on hooksets. Crazy took 34 years to have such a great day!! Water temps mid 60s and while I couldn't see any fish "on" beds there were def some lighter spots way back near the "new" bankline. Do watch out for snakes and fire ant clusters in all that mess though...

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Lake O' the Pines Saturday - 03/19/18 08:29 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear the bite it good, it has been slow for the me the last few times out, especially up north of the bridge.

Re: Lake O' the Pines Saturday - 03/19/18 08:32 PM

I've stayed down south of the 155 bridge either in Johnsons or Hurricane. But it all looks the same right now.
Posted By: Aggie Angler 93

Re: Lake O' the Pines Saturday - 03/21/18 10:15 PM

You did not them that the new rods were the main reason you caught all them fish. cheers

Re: Lake O' the Pines Saturday - 03/22/18 02:01 PM

Never know lol!! They sure are sensitive!! banana

Appreciate the help on that lake as well. Nice to have a pattern work over a few week period!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum