Texas Fishing Forum

Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage

Posted By: fouzman

Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 05:26 PM

https://www.click2houston.com/news/at-least-72storage-units-destroyed-in-massive-fire-in-willis

Hopefully no TFFers had their boats stored here.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

72 Units destroyed! This Could rival the Highport fire for overall damages.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 05:54 PM

Right down the road from Stowaway Marina, a very popular ramp on the N end we launched there two weeks ago.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 06:14 PM

This has always been my biggest fear! I have kept my boat in a storage facility for the last 10 years.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 06:34 PM

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/moco/...m-85307-tbla-10

Now reporting "hundreds" of boats destroyed. Man, I feel bad for the boat owners.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 08:04 PM

Pretty bad electrical storm last night, but I'm guessing a battery charger shorted out.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/19/18 08:14 PM

WOW that really sucks... :-(
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 05:44 AM

We live on the lake out past Stowaway, it was sickening to pass by and see it on my way home that day. I can't imagine how sickening it would be to have a boat stored there and get the news that the place was on fire. I don't know how they managed to keep the fire from destroying the climate controlled section that it's attached to...pretty much burned the entire stretch behind there. Hope no one on TFF had a boat that was lost
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 02:06 PM

we are on the lookout for a "space heater" that is tripping the breakers in the storage unit I use in Del Rio, unbelievable! who in their right mind would leave one on with a million dollars worth of boats on this property?
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: InTheClear
we are on the lookout for a "space heater" that is tripping the breakers in the storage unit I use in Del Rio, unbelievable! who in their right mind would leave one on with a million dollars worth of boats on this property?

I know we had a cold winter BUT.....a space heater in a Del Rio storage....unbelievable!
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 04:09 PM

That sucks!

I'm guessing the storage facility's insurance covers that? I have no idea on that part of it. Coach
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 05:06 PM

http://honigconte.com/need-insurance-self-storage-unit/

Think you would need renters insurance?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 08:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the guy I bought my boat from stores there. Matter in fact, that's where I picked the boat up at! (If it's the same place I'm thinking of)
Posted By: C130

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/22/18 09:43 PM

Rental facility is not responsible, the owners who rent from them are responsible the way I understand it. I knew a guy that had his very expensive motor home burn in a storage unit fire some and he was totally responsible. Hope the renters had good insurance.
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Bad Fire - Lake Conroe Boat Storage - 03/23/18 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
If I'm not mistaken, the guy I bought my boat from stores there. Matter in fact, that's where I picked the boat up at! (If it's the same place I'm thinking of)

There are several storage facilities out here. Piney Woods Storage is about 2 miles off of I-45 on the left hand side. Nice folks who run the place, I hate that they're dealing with this headache, along with the renters who are dealing with it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum