Texas Fishing Forum

There’s your answer to the next great in the sport....

Posted By: Jobie99

There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/18/18 11:02 PM

Saw the thread a few weeks ago on who the next great will be... At 26 years old Jordan Lee just joined Clunn and Van Dam as the only to anglers to win back-to-back classics.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/18/18 11:06 PM

Simply amazing.

I feel like it takes a little luck to succeed sometimes, but it takes huge amaounts of skill and determination to take advantage of the luck when it comes. I've fished with his brother a few times....Jordan would say Matt is the better stick. Doesn't appear so....does it! The young man has just etched his name in bass fishing history.

Again......amazing
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/18/18 11:14 PM

Amazing I picked Jordan Lee to win... great job kid, you have a great future to come
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/18/18 11:19 PM

How many regular season events has he won?

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/18/18 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
doesn't matter how you get to the "super bowl". It's if you win it. He obviously is consistent enough to get there. And obviously good enough to make the best of it when he does.

That said, I'm sure he will get better with age.

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:15 AM

I wouldn't put him the top 5 anglers right now if I had to pick one to win an event. Probably not even top 10. Remember Eli Manning has won 2 Superbowls....

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:24 AM

I wouldn't put him the top 5 anglers right now if I had to pick one to win an event. Probably not even top 10. Remember Eli Manning has won 2 Superbowls....
I wouldn't either.....that's why I picked Christie to go wire to wire. ....but give Lee some time. I have not seen many people that have drive and determination GET WORSE. and he's obviously good enough to win on the biggest stage. Win once at a young age and you call it a fluke, or lucky. Back to back and it just might be skill or motivation effecting the outcome.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:26 AM

The equivalent of 6.

Who has a multiple regular season wins but can’t put it together at the biggest event of the year multiple times. CLASSIC Champ is the pinnacle, only other respected title is AOY.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:31 AM

I'm sure there are guys that would trade their event wins for the Classic.

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:36 AM

Ya ya I get all that but what I'm saying is that winning a classic or two doesn't make you a great fisherman. Congratulations to him and the accomplishment. I'm not knocking the achievement just for sale of argument, he's not in my top 10 on any given week
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:39 AM

Ya ya I get all that but what I'm saying is that winning a classic or two doesn't make you a great fisherman. Congratulations to him and the accomplishment. I'm not knocking the achievement just for sale of argument, he's not in my top 10 on any given week

As far as right now who are the ten guys ahead of him? Christie, Evers.....?

4th in AOY in 2017, 6th in 2016. Not bad for a guy who is never on them.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:41 AM

If you’re going to go that route he’s won over 1 million in only 52 tourneys. About 20k per tournament. Which is about 800$ more per tournament than Kevin Van Dam.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:44 AM

Let’s give him a few more years before we put him into the “next KVD” catergory.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:48 AM

Back to Back classics and how old is he?
Posted By: crankn101

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:49 AM

Either way the kid seems very level headed and down to earth.

Very happy for him. cheers

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Let’s give him a few more years before we put him into the “next KVD” catergory.

Why? It’s not like this is first or second year. He’s been at this level for 4 years now putting up those numbers.

He also won what was probly an even more competitive, title with the college championship win.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:12 AM

He is good and has his sights on being the best. Mark my words, he will accomplish things that no one else has done. Unless something in his life deals him a bad card, he is headed to the top with a Hat Trick.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:18 AM

he sure has a jump start for sure. I agree he isn't KVD yet but not many have one two BMC's in back to back years at any age but he is real young to have done it already. He has a great future unless something happens.

either way congrats on a great win.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Why? It’s not like this is first or second year. He’s been at this level for 4 years now putting up those numbers.

He also won what was probly an even more competitive, title with the college championship win.

I had to google it, but apparently he was 3rd place in that college championship. His brother is the one that won a college championship. He has said that his brother is a better angler than he is, I guess we know who gets luckier though.

The thing about the classic is that the field is half of a normal tournament, he obviously still has to win though. We see it in sports pretty often where an angler will do great for a few years and then something happens, not sure if they lose the desire or what; but many times they fall out of contention.

Is he good? Apparently so, but you can’t throw him into one of the greatest until he’s actually been there long enough to be one of the greatest.
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:36 AM

Young man has a bright future ahead of him. Very talented for sure. The fact he has WON back to back Bass Master Classics, is something that’s going to make this young man strive for greatness. He not in my top 10 either, but he’s dang sure my favorite. He will do special things in his career. Congratulations J. Lee
Posted By: Blindshot54

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:40 AM

Let’s see,
Bass events fished-52
Classic appearances- 4
Classics won-2
Time in the money- 41
1st place-2
2nd place-1
Top 10 finishes- 20
Top 20 finishes 36
Top 30 finishes-41

Over 1 million in winnings, Yeah. He’s pretty good and still a kid. I love it ... the joy of an uncluttered mind maybe. But if your going to get to KVD level you should start early. Check that box. Awesome stuff.
Mad skills.

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:54 AM

Almost 40% of the time he’s in the top 10. Crazy
Posted By: Brent S

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 01:59 AM

Un-be-leevable! Bass can regurgitate their commercials.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 02:16 AM

I believe Luke Clausen won a Classic and a FLW Cup 18 months apart, congrats to Jordan, long ways always to be compared to 20 year vets of that tour.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: There’s your answer to the next great in the sport.... - 03/19/18 02:18 AM

So many of his fellow Elite anglers called this the first year he made the Elites. When those guys are saying that then he must have impressed them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum