Texas Fishing Forum

lake Lewisville

Posted By: Jweb0828

lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 12:29 AM

Where the fatty females at?
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 01:11 AM

Still deep. Pre-spawn hasn’t even really ramped up.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

You must have missed Dillard's recent pictures..... bannana2
Posted By: Clark3

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

The ones with his troller stored. You fell for that? Lmao. Those fish were caught 10 miles from that location
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3

The ones with his troller stored. You fell for that? Lmao. Those fish were caught 10 miles from that location

I have fished with Dillard enough to know he catches a lot of big fish on a regular basis.

Even if they were from 10 miles away we are in the middle of March and it's safe to say that Lewisville fish are well into the prespawn
Posted By: Clark3

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 01:29 AM

I have fished with Dillard enough to know he catches a lot of big fish on a regular basis.

Even if they were from 10 miles away we are in the middle of March and it's safe to say that Lewisville fish are well into the prespawn

No doubt the dude is a hammer.

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 02:37 AM

I don’t think it’s safe to say that at all. My opinion though. I’m not saying none of them are in pre-spawn mode but that last front with the huge rains set them back. One big fish maketh not a pre-spawn pattern for a lake as a whole. IMO.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/18/18 12:16 PM

I agree with everything said here! The pre spawn bite has been later than most years. I imagine any day now that will change.
Posted By: Rdubs

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 02:23 AM

Hi everyone
Newcomer here, I found this forum trying to research fishing on Lake Lewisville. I am trying to get my kids into fishing but haven't had much luck recently on Lewisville. We own a sailboat on the lake and last year (mid-summer) we anchored near the Stewart Peninsula golf course and broke out a couple rods just to see what would happen and just using pieces of hot dogs, we caught around 5 fish just using basic bobbers in the span of about 30 minutes. But a few weeks ago we took the boat out and went to a couple coves near Pier 121 marina and didn't catch anything over a few hours. We used bobbers as well as a shiny lure the guy from Bass Pro recommended but no bites. We tried hot dogs again as bait and also these yellow and pink Powerbait things that looks like small marshmellows. The past two weekends we just put out some bobbers from our dock but didn't catch anything either time, not even a nibble. I even brought some fish food small pellets and we threw those in the water but they just floated along, no fish came to eat them up. So I'm wondering if I just really suck at fishing, or if despite our best efforts the fish just aren't interested in biting. However from the posts on this forum it sounds like even people who know what they are doing might not be seeing a lot of action either.

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs
Posted By: Ethan Wehmeyer

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 02:43 AM

Since Lewisville is being talked about . I was wondering if anyone of y’all had any good info on what the fish at lake Lewisville are doing in early to mid April .
Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 03:32 AM

I love seeing all the THSBA members on the forum asking for tips on the lake before a tournament. Lol. Not sure if that's what this is, but i bet it is.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Ethan Wehmeyer
Since Lewisville is being talked about . I was wondering if anyone of y’all had any good info on what the fish at lake Lewisville are doing in early to mid April .

It will be on fire
Posted By: Ethan Wehmeyer

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 04:43 AM

How’d you know ? lol but yes I am a THSBA member . I’m not trying to expose anyone’s honey holes the lake . Just trying to get some good tips . My boat captain told TFF is really going to help out on finding information and tips on the lake .
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas Moudy
I love seeing all the THSBA members on the forum asking for tips on the lake before a tournament. Lol. Not sure if that's what this is, but i bet it is.
if he wants to ask for some general info let him do it. There’s nothing wrong with that and it’s within the rules.
Posted By: ditchpickel21

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 03:27 PM

is the water still muddy in the creeks i haven't been out there since the rain
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Rdubs
Hi everyone
Newcomer here, I found this forum trying to research fishing on Lake Lewisville. I am trying to get my kids into fishing but haven't had much luck recently on Lewisville. We own a sailboat on the lake and last year (mid-summer) we anchored near the Stewart Peninsula golf course and broke out a couple rods just to see what would happen and just using pieces of hot dogs, we caught around 5 fish just using basic bobbers in the span of about 30 minutes. But a few weeks ago we took the boat out and went to a couple coves near Pier 121 marina and didn't catch anything over a few hours. We used bobbers as well as a shiny lure the guy from Bass Pro recommended but no bites. We tried hot dogs again as bait and also these yellow and pink Powerbait things that looks like small marshmellows. The past two weekends we just put out some bobbers from our dock but didn't catch anything either time, not even a nibble. I even brought some fish food small pellets and we threw those in the water but they just floated along, no fish came to eat them up. So I'm wondering if I just really suck at fishing, or if despite our best efforts the fish just aren't interested in biting. However from the posts on this forum it sounds like even people who know what they are doing might not be seeing a lot of action either.

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs

Sounds like your a beginner to fishing. Most the guys in this section are more advanced. Specific tactics and where I would point you to vary by what kind of fish youre trying to catch and your goals.

Shoot me a PM with what you want to catch and I will shoot you some info.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 04:18 PM

Some people just never read the rules do they bang
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
Hi everyone

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs

Sounds like your a beginner to fishing. Most the guys in this section are more advanced. Specific tactics and where I would point you to vary by what kind of fish youre trying to catch and your goals.

Shoot me a PM with what you want to catch and I will

I wouldn't trust this guy with a PM... just saying.

Your daily friendly free MOD tip of the day.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Jons3825
Hi everyone

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs

You are my hero. And your awesome. Free tip of the day.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/19/18 11:59 PM

Hi everyone

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs

You are my hero. And your awesome. Free tip of the day.

It’s you’re, and thanks.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/20/18 12:05 AM

They're spawning on Lew if you're in the right place. Do you like walnuts or pecans better?
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/20/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
They're spawning on Lew if you're in the right place. Do you like walnuts or pecans better?
I see what you did there.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/20/18 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BTwrestle04
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I see what you did there.

next week, tuesday through friday, gonna be giants
Not from pecan either, place has been beat down already
Posted By: Rdubs

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 05:03 AM

Hi everyone

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
'Dubs

Gee thanks for the benefit of the doubt. Apologies I guess for catching some fish repeatedly last year without having a clue what we were doing and when we actually try to the past couple weeks, coming up empty. It sounds like there is a tournament coming up, so sorry if this seems like a pretty weak attempt to glean competitive information. The truth is I’m just hoping my kids can catch something, don’t care what, neither they nor I could recognize the difference between a crappie and a bass without looking at pictures.

Been busy with work but Dan thanks for the PM offer, will do so. I’m hoping there is a generic bait that most fish in the lake will find attractive to increase odds.
Posted By: cubbies24

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 01:28 PM

Has the water cleared up at all? Haven't been out in 2 weeks there
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 05:36 PM

Get some roadrunners and go up in the creeks you will get bit!!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 06:00 PM

Better get your fishing in while you can this weekend. Looks to be another heavy rain/flood event taking shape next week. Widespread 2-4 inches
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/21/18 06:10 PM

Going to try and head out Friday if it's not to windy.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/22/18 11:35 AM

Water has cleared up to fair with 10 inches of visibility everything south of cottonwood creek to the dam, and the 121 cut. I did not go by I-35 or west. Everything north of Cottonwood creek past Little Elm is chocolate soup. Fish were very shallow last weekend.
Posted By: Templar Rob

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/22/18 03:43 PM

Went out on Sunday... 9 fish all dinks between the two of us. Little Elm area was chocolate milk..... Was a very very slow day and we threw our entire tackle boxes at them.
Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/27/18 01:14 AM

Oh yeah get all the info you can it'd be stupid not to especially if you don't have your own boat. Why do you think I clicked on this? It's just funny to see.
Posted By: tricky

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/27/18 01:38 AM

Had a blast Sat and Sunday. There are definitely some fat girls
moved up.
Posted By: FMJag64

Re: lake Lewisville - 03/30/18 12:49 PM

Anyone have any good Lewy updates? Water temps, clarity, good bite?
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: lake Lewisville - 04/02/18 02:05 AM

I'm not trying to get into your honey hole, but almost every shallow water cove that should be holding pre-spawn bass is just infested with common carp. Are you guys still finding bass in those areas with carp in them? Maybe the bass are bedding and I just can't see them with the water clarity, but I spent 8 hours on the lake today and caught one fish that was about the size of the squarebill I was throwing and it came on rip rap (not shallow). I am at a loss on Lewisville lately. I know some are in the creeks, but I'm not comfortable with the lake enough yet to get in there.

Re: lake Lewisville - 04/02/18 11:30 AM

Carp do eat bass eggs but I’ve seen the carp in those pockets for over a month now and I doubt bass have been spawning since then. I’m hearing that they are still pre-spawn. For most, the lake has been slow. I’ve had slow days and decent days in the last 4 weeks or so myself.

If you’re covering water in those pockets and getting bumped then you could probably say they’re bedding. I’ve caught fish in those areas with carp but they were on isolated cover or cover that was different from the rest. Very tight to it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum