Texas Fishing Forum

just used my ultrex today 1st time out

Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 02:32 AM

All i can say is wow...went with an ultrex vs pp's. I am beyond impressed, i highly suggest if you get the chance to test drive a buddies if you can. I am pumped
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 02:58 AM

Congrats cheersBest thing put on a bass boat in years

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 03:15 AM

i felt like a robot was operating. really cool....must have for everyone...
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 03:23 AM

on days like today it allows you to fish vs working the trolling motor
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 11:21 AM

Congrats, I felt the same way first time I used mine. It's a "game changer". Sorry
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 12:33 PM

Eh.....just another trolling motor bolt

Just kidding. Mines the best thing on my boat.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/17/18 12:42 PM

Game changer!! It will be a very valuable tool for any serious derby fisherman and the casual angler too.
Posted By: RandyK

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 12:52 AM

I love mine too. So many ways to use it.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 04:34 AM

Love mine. I’d take it over the poles any day of the week.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 01:40 PM

I want one!
Posted By: Stompy

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 02:07 PM

Installing my new Ultrex on Thursday, looking forward to using it.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 02:11 PM

#gamechanger
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 02:33 PM

So what features do you find you use the most ?

Do you use the remote more then the foot pedal?

Or the other way around ?
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 02:54 PM

I've found that I use the pedal the majority of the time. The remote comes in handy when you want to use AutoPilot. By far, I use the spot-lock feature the most.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 03:17 PM

Probably the spot lock is the feature I use the most since I fish alone a lot but the ipilot is certainly very useful. When I get close to a certain structure and/or cover I sit in the drivers seat and operate the trolling from there. Let's say there's a brush pile I know about ( I know quite a few on Fork ) and I want to get right on top and drop shot it I'll use the ipilot from the drivers seat ( I have a 10" Bird on the console ) and as soon as I get on top of it I hit spot lock. I know then the brush pile is right at the back of the boat and sometimes I'll fish from the back of the boat depending on which way the wind is blowing. The Ultrex definitely helps me catch fish under certain circumstances.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 05:59 PM

I've heard that there are still quite a few bugs to work out with all of the electric stuff (Ultrex, Ulterra, Terrova). I have a Terrova that works well, but haven't had it long enough to speak for its longevity. But the high-bypass never did work, the lift-assist slipped out of my hand the first weekend I used it, and busted, so these still do have some things to get worked out.

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 08:11 PM

Using mine yesterday I noticed it would keep running when I took my foot off the gas. Is this an operator error? if I would click the gas button again it would stop. Just curious if anyone knows if it's me or the motor?

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71
Using mine yesterday I noticed it would keep running when I took my foot off the gas. Is this an operator error? if I would click the gas button again it would stop. Just curious if anyone knows if it's me or the motor?

There's a thread about this issue in the lounge on BBC called Ultrex Help. Sounds like a fairly easy fix.

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 08:51 PM

I can't find that link if anyone has any info on this please let me know!!! it's annoying

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 08:57 PM

Here you go.
#4Today, 08:27 AM

The momentary switch that is staying on problem is easily fixed, the switch needs to be adjusted. There is a reed switch (magnetic switch) under foot button. Pop off the foot button carefully by depressing tab underneath momentary button. Once the button is off you will see the reed switch (small round thing) you adjust by pushing it down or up. You will need to push it down just a tiny bit so reed switch doesn't make as much contact when not depressed so it will turn off. I use a flat blade screwdriver. Only move a tiny bit. Little goes a long way. After adjustment pop momentary button back on and try it. You may have to adjust a couple times to get it right. But simple to do. 

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/18/18 09:03 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: RandyK

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/21/18 12:46 PM

I use spot lock most of all. And on windy days I'll hit the constant button and move slowly against the wind at a steady pace.
Posted By: LA Ron

Re: just used my ultrex today 1st time out - 03/21/18 03:37 PM

Got one on my new Ranger RT188. Made three trips to Fork this year Absolutely love it. Use the foot control mostly. Use the spotlock all the time . You just have to be careful and no backwash your spot if your fishing in shallow water. Probably use the remote more when l stop chasing those green trout and fish the treetops forcrappie.Like the man said Game Changer!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum