Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Clark in Ennis

Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 12:05 AM

I just moved to Ennis and Lake Clark is just a few hundred yards away. I drove by today but didn't see any boats on the lake. I've seen threads from guys that fish it from yaks and jon boats, am I allowed to launch my bass boat there? Is the ramp decent?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 12:14 AM

Yes and yes! You can launch your boat & ramp is fine. I have no fishing report for you but go before the warm weather sets in. The hydrilla/grass/moss/slimy stuff gets pretty matted during summer.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 12:58 AM

Should have looked out of your window Tuesday. About 30 boats/trucks. Caught this upside down 7 pounder there Sunday.

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 01:06 AM

And there is a tourney there Saturday morning too.

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 05:09 PM

Thanks guys, I thought it was odd that there wasn't a single truck in the parking lot so I thought I'd ask. You need a permit to put a boat on the lake, right?

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
Thanks guys, I thought it was odd that there wasn't a single truck in the parking lot so I thought I'd ask. You need a permit to put a boat on the lake, right?
no....you need a permit to water ski.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 09:33 PM

Clearest water I have ever fished, maybe too clear but it validates my opinion that hydrilla will filter water and make fishing better. Wish it would come back in Fork.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 09:45 PM

If i remember right there's a sharp concrete something to the right of the ramp. I nearly beached there after launching and luckily someone pointed it out. May be gone by now though.

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/16/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BigHead248
If i remember right there's a sharp concrete something to the right of the ramp. I nearly beached there after launching and luckily someone pointed it out. May be gone by now though.
still there. Beteeen the light pole and ramp. Anywhere else is clear to beach.

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/18/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
And there is a tourney there Saturday morning too.

Anyone know the results?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/18/18 02:08 PM

Use to fish it a lot back in the 90"s when I lived in Red Oak. Great little lake.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Lake Clark in Ennis - 03/18/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
Use to fish it a lot back in the 90"s when I lived in Red Oak. Great little lake.

It's not what it used to be with all the tournaments on it now. Too many boats for that little pond.
I haven't been this year but last year it was snot grass everywhere. I hate that stuff.

Still a fun lake to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum