Texas Fishing Forum

best sonar guru?

Posted By: harvey walker

best sonar guru? - 03/14/18 10:05 PM

Who is the best sonar guru on here that I can send a pm to?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/14/18 10:09 PM

I'd look for Wayne P...
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/14/18 10:34 PM

I want to buy an new unit for the front of my boat for less than
$ 200. I have an elite 3 that sucks and I running an Eagle Cuda, looking at raymarine, garmin or birds.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/14/18 10:39 PM

For birds slade doughtery at lake fork
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/14/18 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
I'd look for Wayne P...

Seems like a knowledgeable guy, but for a <$200 graph.....I wouldn't expect to get a NASA engineer excited.

I mean, they are the most basic of basic stuff at that price point. A big feature might be a color screen vs b&w.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/15/18 12:40 AM

For a graph under $200 I would just set it up and let it rip. A graph at that price point isn't gonna have a whole lot of features to it. I mean, I guess you can tune your 2D sonar some, and I think some come with down scan. Im not trying to burst your bubble here, just stating that you won't get a whole lot out of it.

Good luck with your search.
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/15/18 01:25 AM

If you really wanna do good with a graph and have it tuned good, you’ll have to spend some money on one. We got a Garmin 93SV and too it to slade on fork and had him set it up and tell us how to read it.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/15/18 02:02 AM

I didn't know they had one that cheap. Must be a black/white Admiral.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/15/18 03:25 AM

Find a used Garmim 73sv.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: best sonar guru? - 03/15/18 03:29 AM

My buddy has 2 of the 73sv Garmins and they are pretty amazing compared to the birds from 3-4 years ago. The garmins you just turn them on and its amazing how well they work right out of the box. We could easily see where we goose hunted and drove trucks in the winter during the lake draw down.

I just bought a almost new one for $200 and I know the "new old stock" ones are selling for $400.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum