Texas Fishing Forum

Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork

Posted By: daddystog

Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 02:40 PM

Never Fished one and was hoping some of y'all would share your experiences, would you do it again ?
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 02:46 PM

Have you fished other big tournaments on Fork?
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 02:47 PM

I fished it for the first time last year and had a blast, I’ll be fishing again this year. That being said, it is not like a lot of other tournaments. If your easily offended by people fishing close, or sometimes right on top of you, this isn’t the tournament for you. The lake gets very crowded some people don’t know what they’re doing. Go into it with those expectations and you’ll be ok.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 03:30 PM

Great time!! Better try and get a room now though!

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie
Have you fished other big tournaments on Fork?

I've Fished a few larger Tournaments on Fork and T-Bend and 1 with over 300 boats on Amistad but I was reading where one of the Sealy Big Bass had 2500 participants
just wondering how crazy it gets
Posted By: Matt Wilson

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 04:09 PM

Just too much for me, I fished one years ago and said never again.

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 04:17 PM

Thats kind of what I'm wondering about, if It's so hectic you can't enjoy yourself I don't care what the prizes are
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 04:40 PM

HECTIC!!!!!! Is not the right word......
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 04:49 PM

It will be packed, but at least the crowd will be spread against the bank, instead of a line to fish deep ledges. If sharing water is not your thing, then spring time in Fork is not a good time.

Tournament or no Tournament the lake would be crowded this Saturday either way, It's mid March and the lake just kicked out 3 SAL's and the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 04:55 PM

It’s a blast and genuinely a good group of people... just don’t leave any valuables out to be stolen. We stay at hidden lakes hunting lodge and it’s top notch. Many of the same guys stay here every year and we get a good poker game going in the game room. T.V, pool table, place for cold beer and multiple ponds on the property full of bass Incase the day fishing on the lake doesn’t go well.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Sealy Big Bass Splash on Fork - 03/14/18 08:39 PM

Looks like Christmas lights before daylight with all the boats lined up along the banks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum