Texas Fishing Forum

Best bass boat to buy brand new?

Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction

Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 03:14 AM

Obviously everyone has different opinions and preferences on which bass boat brand they believe is the best. Personally I have never fished out of any boat other than a skeeter so I do not have anything to go by other than other people's experiences which is the reason for this post. I have looked for a reasonably priced used boat that's in great shape but haven't had much success with that so I may just go new. So I ask, What boat do you believe offers the best bang for your buck and also holds value best?
Posted By: Walls

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 03:25 AM

You're going to take a beating on depreciation if you buy new, so holding value is moot. Just ride in as many as you can and pick the one you can afford. You're just going to get everyone else's opinion here with this post and yours in the only one that matters. Skeeter makes a fine fishing platform- if that's what you like, go shopping.
Posted By: MARK PACK

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 03:29 AM

For a Total Performance Bass boat The Skeeter FX21 paired with the Yamaha 250 SHO is hard to beat, I have been in one for the last 5 yrs, and I have driven just about every Bass boat manufactured.

Please PM me if you have any questions you would like to ask, or if you would like a quick demo ride.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 03:47 AM

Phoenix 721 will be one if not best value. You can go on their web page and get a 721 for between 52-56 thousand. This is a 20'11" boat. I think the 56,000 comes with 2 8' PP, 250 XS, and two 9" Helix pretty good deal for a 21' boat. They resale up to 5 years old for mid 40's

This will also be one if not the best riding boat you will get in. You can go for a ride in a Phoenix and you will buy if you do.

You can go to link below and see the boat and price of the 721 one is 51 the other is 56 great deal on nice boats.

https://phoenixbassboats.com/
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 11:39 AM

Phoenix is the best deal IMO right now but really there aren't any bad boats being made. The best package deals are the phoenix 721, skeeter zx models, triton patriot models, and the nitro pro package models. The phoenix is the only one with dual poles.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 12:51 PM

Take a ride in every brand of boat you can find. They all have their pros/cons. The nice thing about so many options is that you get to choose what fits your specific wants/needs/budget.

Be careful about comparing costs without considering options. A guy I know got a quote on a new boat recently but later found out that quote did not include trolling motor batteries. Gotta compare apples to apples.

Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 01:02 PM

Here we go again, Let the Search feature be your friend
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 01:18 PM

I own a skeeter and I find Triton and Pheonix to be comparable. Ranger and Nitro are considerably different. Basscat is slightly different. Apart from the ride, you need to look at deck layout, comfort, motor preference, fixed or removable consoles, hinges on your doors, leg room, etc.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Phoenix 721 will be one if not best value. You can go on their web page and get a 721 for between 52-56 thousand. This is a 20'11" boat. I think the 56,000 comes with 2 8' PP, 250 XS, and two 9" Helix pretty good deal for a 21' boat. They resale up to 5 years old for mid 40's

This will also be one if not the best riding boat you will get in. You can go for a ride in a Phoenix and you will buy if you do.

You can go to link below and see the boat and price of the 721 one is 51 the other is 56 great deal on nice boats.

Agreed, this is a good value for a very nice rig.

Asking who makes the best bass boat out there is opening up a can of worms that will spark a spirited debate. wink

Right now Phoenix is the hottest brand on the market and is several months behind on production. This may be the case for a couple more years. The owner of Phoenix is typically very conservative and most likely will enjoy the demand exceeding supply for a while. They are currently building about 600 boats a year and could sell twice that with 52 dealers nationwide this year alone.

This is pure speculation on my part but I would hold off until the fiberglass boats from Vexus hit the market before I pulled the trigger. I don't buy into all the hype about the boats being made from Unobtanium mined from under the Tree of Souls but I do think they will be a premium boat just like Ranger has been for years.

My gut tells me they will be a really good value for the first 2-3 years. They will make it very interesting for sure.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Asking who makes the best bass boat out there is opening up a can of worms that will spark a spirited debate. wink

Right now Phoenix is the hottest brand on the market and is several months behind on production. This may be the case for a couple more years. The owner of Phoenix is typically very conservative and most likely will enjoy the demand exceeding supply for a while. They are currently building about 600 boats a year and could sell twice that with 52 dealers nationwide this year alone.

This is pure speculation on my part but I would hold off until the fiberglass boats from Vexus hit the market before I pulled the trigger. I don't buy into all the hype about the boats being made from Unobtanium mined from under the Tree of Souls but I do think they will be a premium boat just like Ranger has been for years.

My gut tells me they will be a really good value for the first 2-3 years. They will make it very interesting for sure.
Never heard of Vexus?
Posted By: GROD

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 06:26 PM

There isn’t one! Buy one a year old or a demo.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 06:27 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Phoenix. My only question is why are so many 920 and 921's for sale on here? And seems they're selling slowly too.
Posted By: jbassman

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 06:34 PM

I rode in a Phoenix and I was not blown away by the ride, nice boat but would not be my choice for a new boat.

All the major brands are good boats,pick the one that fits your needs.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: WeaponOfBassDestruction
I've heard a lot of good things about Phoenix. My only question is why are so many 920 and 921's for sale on here? And seems they're selling slowly too.

Prolly pro staff boats.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 07:05 PM

Most I see selling are just to get new ones, probably the phx models. Some are just asking way to much. Those are also the models the pro staff get so that adds to them.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 07:20 PM

I would look at getting something that you can get fixed/maintained close to your house.
Like Mark says, take some rides if possible. Ease of loading and unloading is important, as is
how the trailer rides and hold up. Space and configuration is important. If you're shopping, do just that.
Or just go get a big red one,.... fish
Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 07:41 PM

Simple - look at the resale values - follow the money in the cost new - you don't get gold at silver prices- all the personal sides to the story can't make one worth more when it cost less- there is a reason they cost more and unless you have owned several brands how can there be a comparison
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/14/18 08:06 PM

What percentage of the market share is phoenix selling? Last I saw they were at about 6%. I know they are popular right now just like legend was a few years ago. I personally would stick with the larger brands that have been around for 20+ years and are likely to still be in business to honor those lifetime warranties.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 12:42 AM

buy the one you can write a check for !
you may hear a lot about better resale ---fact is boats are a terrible investment --they are like popsicles --lick em all you can because you are eventually going to end up with a stick !

i have owned boats my entire life and love to fish --the boat dont make the fisherman --the fisherman makes the boat
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: kevine80
buy the one you can write a check for !
you may hear a lot about better resale ---fact is boats are a terrible investment --they are like popsicles --lick em all you can because you are eventually going to end up with a stick !

i have owned boats my entire life and love to fish --the boat dont make the fisherman --the fisherman makes the boat

Yep.... Break out another Thousand. I purchased a new Champ in '99. And will put a new four stroke on it when my Opti Pop pops. So far so good.
Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 01:06 AM

I've owned (all 20' or longer) skeeters, tritons, bass cats, rangers all in 2000 models or newer. Best boat i ever owned was a bass cat and i run a ranger now. All depends on what you are looking for in a boat.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B

What percentage of the market share is phoenix selling? Last I saw they were at about 6%. I know they are popular right now just like legend was a few years ago. I personally would stick with the larger brands that have been around for 20+ years and are likely to still be in business to honor those lifetime warranties.

I am not sure what percentage but they are in the 600-700 new boats a year now. I am guessing they are in about fourth place now.
Posted By: bigdiastema

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 02:27 AM

I have been looking at boats for months now. I've ridden in Nitros, Rangers, Bass Cats, Champions, and Trackers. If I could buy any boat today, I would go with a Lund Pro V Bass 2075. I know fiberglass has its benefits, but the deep V of the Pro V Bass has its benefits too.

Now, all that being said, that would be the ideal boat for me. Maybe not for you.
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/15/18 02:37 AM

Get a Hobie
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/16/18 04:24 PM

Allison if you've got the coin........
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/16/18 09:19 PM

My answer to the OP should have been NONE of them! Lets someone else take the 15-20% depreciation hit as you drive off the dealer's lot but I have never been that smart. nuts

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/16/18 11:38 PM

a lot of these boats where put up for sale last fall bass boats don't sale well in the winter tey sale much better from now till early May. I guess if these boats are still for sale then they have the price to high but most will be gone by then. Good luch either way lots of good boats out there and best value as had been said is a one to two year old boat.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 12:16 AM

Skeeter, Basscat or Ranger take your pick, been around the longest and ain't going anywhere.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 01:07 AM

I purchased a Phoenix 919 a couple months ago and hate it. Wish I had stayed with skeeter!
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 12:01 PM

Quality, durability, customer service, Look around at used boats and see which ones hold up best value / over all condition.. check out Bass Boat Central they have a section for just about every company out there and see what people are saying about each.. That will narrow your choices..
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
I purchased a Phoenix 919 a couple months ago and hate it. Wish I had stayed with skeeter!

Curious as to your reasons why
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 02:04 PM

Please elaborate, I am in the market and the 919 is on the short list.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Best bass boat to buy brand new? - 03/17/18 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cali kid

Curious as to your reasons why

Me too. Have never heard a 919 owner not giddy about owning one. Till now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum