Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update

Posted By: Pitch

Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/12/18 11:25 AM

Anyone know when Lowrance is going to actually release their new "Fish Reveal" software update? Supposed to have been available on the 10th, but not on their website for downloading yet as of this morning.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/12/18 11:28 AM

I think it's the 14th now
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/12/18 12:40 PM

The Skipper is right. As of Friday, it was delayed until the 14th.
Posted By: DFWBass

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/15/18 08:09 PM

It’s online now.
Posted By: CPO USN RET

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/15/18 09:23 PM

What units does it update?
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/15/18 09:24 PM

How do I update my gen 3 units?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/15/18 09:26 PM

Instead of posting a big post I'm just going to say, got to bass boat central and go to the lowrance page. It has all the info you ever need
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/16/18 12:08 PM

I-fish,
The easiest way I found is to use my smartphone as a hotspot, connect to that. Get an sd card and insert it into your HDS, Then download the new s/w to your sdcard. Then when it reboots, it will automatically upgrade.

At least that's the way I remember it. Good luck
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/16/18 04:25 PM

Download the upgrade onto SD card I recommend 32G then install SD into graph turn on and will automatically download upgrade

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/16/18 04:48 PM

Roger that. Will any SD card work? I’ve got one with plenty of memory in my GoPro I could take out for now...?
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/16/18 05:11 PM

Can you not just connect the unit to WIFI and download it direct?
Posted By: jfdawson

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/16/18 06:29 PM

the max size SD card is 32gb. I would recommend backing up your waypoints, trails, etc. before doing the update. When I went from 4.5 to the 6.0 update, i lost everything and ended up having to do a HARD RESET to get the units ( gen3 9 & 12 ) to perform correctly. I think the jump from 4.5 to 6 or even the new Fish Reveal is a major update for Lowrance. Because it's a "major" update, I wouldn't do it over wireless. I consider myself very Lowrance savy when it comes to these units.. and IMO, I would highly suggest doing this update from a SSD card.

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/17/18 01:19 PM

I updated my units and now my console graph isn’t showing a temp reading...it’s just dashes....??? Help!
Posted By: Chelsea FC

Re: Lowrance "Fish Reveal" Software Update - 03/17/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish
I updated my units and now my console graph isn’t showing a temp reading...it’s just dashes....??? Help!

ifish , you just need to go back in and update the "data source" for your device

edit data overlay - touch the temperature box - change - data sources - select "this unit"
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum