Texas Fishing Forum

5th setup this week

Posted By: SWH

5th setup this week - 03/10/18 08:45 PM

Fishing the back of the boat this week. Bringing 5 combos 4 I have figured out, indecisive on the 5th. Have a to brush hog, spinner bait, SB crank bait, and finesse worm on a lighter spinning combo. Stuck between a suspending jerk bait, a jig/craw, chatterbait, swimbait, red rattle trap or ferret crankbait.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/10/18 09:57 PM

Tie on whichever you think you’ll throw first thing in the morning. You can always switch from there.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/10/18 10:39 PM

Weightless fluke
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/10/18 10:42 PM

Flipping stick
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/10/18 11:16 PM

Most of the big fish people have been showing off have been chatterbait fish... So given most of your others sound like fair numbers baits, I'd go with that to follow up and look for big mama behind any smaller fish you find.

Tie on a quick change clip of your preference and swap the squarebill and trap if you like as needed. I've done no good looking for a jerkbait bite the past 2 weekend. You can also always jig fish a chatterbait, since its just a bladed jig. They are great for jigging vertical cover too. Good luck!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/10/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
Most of the big fish people have been showing off have been chatterbait fish... So given most of your others sound like fair numbers baits, I'd go with that to follow up and look for big mama behind any smaller fish you find.

Tie on a quick change clip of your preference and swap the squarebill and trap if you like as needed. I've done no good looking for a jerkbait bite the past 2 weekend. You can also always jig fish a chatterbait, since its just a bladed jig. They are great for jigging vertical cover too. Good luck!

Chatterbait +1
Posted By: SWH

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/11/18 12:24 AM

Bonus points for color on the chatter bait. Think I have a white, green pumpkin and black....
Posted By: RayBob

Re: 5th setup this week - 03/11/18 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Weightless fluke

always. But, a lot depends on how the guy in the front is fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum