Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake info

Posted By: Toad Jerker

Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 08:30 PM

Hi me and my brothers and my dad are all headed to Caddo and was wondering if anyone knew how it was fishing and if you had any tips to help us have a fun weekend of fishing. We will be there from Wednesday through Saturday and hoping to catch some fish.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 08:36 PM

Caddo is extremely high right now so please be careful! Water is maybe 1.5' below the channel markers so would be really hard to see. The water is up at the top of the launch at Earl G on the LA side. The people who have been out there say the fish are biting though so good luck!!

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 08:39 PM

Thank you sir for the heads up
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 08:42 PM

No problem! If he'll let me know anything I'll pass it on.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 09:30 PM

how about the salvania? how is the area around shady glade and johnson's ranch?
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/08/18 10:17 PM

It’s not bad right now. But fair warning they are dropping water pretty fast out the lake. Fishing is pretty good with the high water. Boat lane markers are fine now.

Re: Caddo Lake info - 03/23/18 08:57 PM

Well we had a pretty good time last weekend with 3 fish over 6 pounds 1 over 7 pounds and a 10.84 big fish with a lot of 3's and 4's in the mix. My best 5 on Friday went a little over 20.5 pounds so all in all not a bad weekend. The 10.84 was my brothers and smoked his previous PB of 6.54 pounds and it all happened on the last tree we stopped at before we headed to the ramp.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum