Texas Fishing Forum

Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries

Posted By: DBeaux13

Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/08/18 07:45 PM

I haven't had a good history with the Exide Lead Acid Battery. Whats the feedback on the AGM Megacycle?
Posted By: Walls

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/08/18 07:55 PM

I have zero experience with them, but thought I'd throw in my .02. Go to Sam's club and check out their Duracell AGM. It's a beast and was under $200 when I bought it a year ago.

**They actually have the Group 31 for $20 off making it $159.82. $173.01 tax included. Sweet deal. They have a good warranty as well.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/08/18 08:17 PM

go to Sam's and get the Duracell. Exide sucked for me and I will never ever use them again
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/08/18 08:37 PM

Just bought yesterday a brand new Odyssey 31M-PC2150, 1150 CCA, 205 reserve, 4 year warranty at Continental Batteries Warehouse in Dallas, $356.00 plus core, plus tax, best AGM battery on the market! Address is 4919 Woodall St., Dallas, TX. 75247.
Posted By: DBeaux13

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 01:09 AM

Thanks guys. Gonna give the coppertops a go
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 02:30 AM

Duracell best value....great for trolling motors but not for pro xs if running alot of electronics. The Odysseys and Trojans are best for dual purpose especially if running 250pro xs
Posted By: Charlesg35

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 02:54 AM

Also have the Odyssey in my Triton for cranking a 225 Pro XS and boat electronics. Running for sixth year, flawlessly. I'll replace it with the same. Worth every dollar.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 04:18 AM

I have an exide megacycle as its one of the few optimax batteries. I’ve had good luck with it.
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: 5X3Phoenix
I have zero experience with them, but thought I'd throw in my .02. Go to Sam's club and check out their Duracell AGM. It's a beast and was under $200 when I bought it a year ago.

**They actually have the Group 31 for $20 off making it $159.82. $173.01 tax included. Sweet deal. They have a good warranty as well.

what he said!!!! ran several sets of the Academy Exides and all were [censored].
the Duracell AGM'S have been great.
runs the HDS 12 and 9 all day and livewells and still cranks the Opti !!!!
Posted By: basscataholic

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 08:00 PM

My Trojan AGM trolling motor batteries have been in the boat since 2010,still doing great.
Posted By: Nick From Minnesota

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 08:26 PM

So you guys run the Durcell AGM battery from Sam's Club as the starting battery as well as your trolling motor batteries?

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick From Minnesota
So you guys run the Durcell AGM battery from Sam's Club as the starting battery as well as your trolling motor batteries?

I run it as a starting battery on my SHO and it's awesome. Am considering buying three more for my troller at that price, but my current batteries are less than a year old and I just can't justify it.

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 09:14 PM

I run it as a starting battery on my SHO and it's awesome. Am considering buying three more for my troller at that price, but my current batteries are less than a year old and I just can't justify it.

Do you have your electronics and all of your accessories hooked up to this battery as well?

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/09/18 09:26 PM

Do you have your electronics and all of your accessories hooked up to this battery as well?

Yessir. Have run recirc on constant all day long multiple times and it's never had a hiccup. Hds 12 & 9, so I'm not running Solix 15s though.

Re: Exide MegaCycle AGM Batteries - 03/12/18 05:13 PM

Yessir. Have run recirc on constant all day long multiple times and it's never had a hiccup. Hds 12 & 9, so I'm not running Solix 15s though.

Wow that is awesome. You sold me on the batteries. I always thought that using a Deep Cycle battery as a starting battery was a bad idea.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum