Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Cover

Posted By: texassurveyor

Boat Cover - 03/07/18 08:03 PM

Where is the best place to get a custom cover made for a Ranger in the Lake Fork area?
Posted By: C130

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 08:14 PM

I just had an Aurora Sunbrella cover made for my Bass Cat Eyra. I called Bass Cat directly and bought the cover. It was custom made to fit my specifications boat, trolling motor, windshield, dual console, etc. I had it in less than two weeks, shipped directly from the manufacturer of the cover. It’s the strapless cover, their top of the line. I know I’m talking a different boat here but I would assume that’s an option with Ranger. You might be able to order directly from the company that makes the cover, not for sure on that.
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 09:20 PM

Should be able to contact Ranger directly with your Hull Identification # and they could pull the original specs possibly and get you a matching cover.
Posted By: ThatOneBigKid

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 09:23 PM

If you can somehow get an Aurora cover made similar to what C130 described, do that. Aurora covers are a little spendy, but you will not be disappointed. I have on for my Stratos 201 and love it. It tows very well and is of great quality!
Posted By: texassurveyor

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 09:26 PM

The problem is that the trolling motor is not the type that came with the boat and 2 addition depth finders have been added so the Ranger cover does not fit. I need to find someone that does custom covers.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 09:29 PM

Someone should be able to mark your cover where the graphs protrude and add more fabric to that area alone. Sounds logical at least to me
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 10:14 PM

Nolan's Tops
Address: 2109 W Campbell Rd, Garland, TX 75044
Phone: (972) 240-1771
He will come to your home or wherever and has all the equipment and a sewing machine in his truck and make your custom cover on site. I've been happy with mine.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 10:44 PM

I heard that Nolan's was out of business.
Posted By: C130

Re: Boat Cover - 03/07/18 11:33 PM

Aurora has modified several owners covers that I know if after they added an Ultrex. I replaced my Fortrex with an Ultrex, all I had to do was tell them what I had on my boat. They custom make each one, they are not pre made. I just received my new cover last week. I had an Aurora Sunbrella cover for a single console but I never take the passenger console out and I addd the Ultrex. So, I’m selling the current cover and had one made for my dual console.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum